Façade Project Manager / Designer, New York
BuroEhring is a young and diverse multi-disciplinary firm of engineers and architects based in Downtown Manhattan. At BuroEhring, we fuse the creative design process with advanced detailing, engineering, and analysis techniques for facades, structures, and specialty designs.
BuroEhring is currently seeking a talented and motivated Project Manager for our facades team with a background in architecture or engineering who aspires to the highest standards of excellence to join our close-knit team of professionals. We are looking for candidates interested in a long-term position with incredible growth opportunities.
- 3-8 years of professional architectural or engineering experience focused on building envelope and façade design and construction
- Professional degree in Architecture or Engineering from an accredited university
- Professional licensure (RA, PE) preferred
- In-depth knowledge of enclosure and/or roofing and waterproofing design and detailing over a range of system types, as well as experience and expertise in building science analytics
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Required, prior exposure to the AutoCAD plug-in ATHENA a plus
- Proficiency in Rhinoceros Required
- Proficiency in Grasshopper a plus, including Ladybug and Honeybee
- Proficiency in Revit a plus
- Prior experience with LBNL THERM, Window, and Radiance a plus
- Prior experience with energy modeling a plus
- Prior experience with COMcheck / REScheck a plus
- In-depth knowledge of building codes and technical details
- Ability to work independently as well as the capacity to work effectively within a team
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Lead a team of façade designers and junior designers in a multi-disciplinary project environment.
- Design of a large array of interesting façade types and building envelopes from Schematic Design through Construction Administration for a variety of clients including architects, real estate developers, and specialty façade contractors
- Overseeing as well as directly producing the drafting of 2D details in AutoCAD and preparing 3D mock-up models in Rhinoceros
- Marking up drawings and details in Bluebeam for the junior staff
- Thermal analysis and condensation risk analysis of facades using THERM and Window
- Overseeing as well as directly producing the daylighting analysis and energy analytics analysis using Ladybug, Honeybee, and Radiance
- Coordinating façade design and details with architectural, structural, and MEP drawings
- Overseeing and managing the preparation of building envelope drawing sets and/or energy models for energy code compliance in AutoCAD and Revit
- Actively participating in the growth of the firm; including but not limited to business development, marketing efforts, networking and speaking events
BuroEhring is an equal opportunity employer who offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, 401K, discounts on gym memberships, commuter transit cards, and paid time off. If interested, please email a cover letter, resume, and professional work sample with the subject line “Façade Project Manager” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing about you and meeting you to discuss opportunities with BuroEhring! www.buroehring.com