fr·ee is a global architecture and industrial design firm founded by Fernando Romero with offices in New York, Mexico City, Shenzhen and Madrid.
An active agent in the reconfiguration of site and public space, fr·ee´s commitment to translating historic, social, economic and environmental contexts into contemporary urban destinations has garnered critical attention and attracted millions of visitors, generating positive impact in cities and communities. Over the past 15 years, fr·ee has realized and proposed projects in a number of countries that encompass different programs and contexts, from museums and office buildings to dense urban centers and the desert.
Fernando Romero, Hon. FAIA is recognized as one of the leading architects of his generation. He was named a Global Leader of Tomorrow at the World Economic Forum in 2002, one of the 50 Most Influential Designers by Fast Company in 2012 and became an Honorary Fellow of the American Institute of Architects (AIA) in 2013. His many accolades include the Bauhaus Award and the ‘Best of the Best’ Red Dot Award.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing the daily personal and professional calendar for the CEO and Founding Partner, Fernando Romero.
- Scheduling and liaising with clients, in person, over the phone, and through email
- Working directly with the Head of Communications to schedule and execute all press related matters
- Working closely with Project Leader group regarding all project-related travel, meetings, appointments, etc.
- Managing intense international lecture schedule, including Terms of Agreement, travel logistics, and invoicing
- Overseeing execution of personal assistance to CEO
- Daily meeting briefing and scheduling assistance for CEO
- Drafting correspondence on behalf of CEO
- Assisting in the planning and execution of various personal events, including but not limited to, dinner parties, birthday events, weekend vacations, etc.
- Maintaining professional and friendly relationship with all FR-EE organization (admin team, HR team, Project Leaders, Associates, etc)
- Maintaining daily email correspondence between CEO, clients, and collaborators
- Handling all matters with absolute confidentiality
- Various ad hoc tasks team, HR team, Project Leaders, Associates, etc)
We seek a person who:
- Can manage complex schedules and daily calendars
- Is capable of multi-tasking tasks that often vary in scale and scope
- Has self-confidence and persistence, and is confident with decision making
- Is proactive and who also completes tasks with a sense of urgency
- Has excellent interpersonal skills and written communication skills in English (Spanish and other languages are a plus)
- Has flexible hours and enjoys a busy and creative environment with many personalities
- Is comfortable with fast-paced decisions and rapidly changing environments
- Feels that no task is too little or too great
- Is a good colleague and a team-player
- Is incredibly professional on the phone, in e-mails and in person
- Has a sympathetic and nurturing demeanor
- Is open to international travel
- Is on-call and available at all times
- Has a minimum of two (2) years of experience as an executive and/or personal
A good sense of humor; strong organizational skills, deep verbal and written communication skills; problem solving abilities; enjoy working with others; able to accept directions and ask critical questions; and ability to work independently as well as in team settings.
Please respond by emailing your cover letter (including salary requirements and availability), and resume to email@example.com with “Executive Assistant Position” in the subject line.