Our collaborative studio makes impactful work through a thoughtful, community-focused approach with civic, cultural, and mission-driven clients like the Buffalo AKG Art Museum, Center for Architecture, and the Portland Museum of Art. As an environmental graphic designer at Once–Future, there’s opportunity for you to exercise creativity across multiple scales—designing exhibitions, brand activations, placemaking, and signage and wayfinding that connect communities and bring stories to life.
- Have a love for research, materials, innovation, and a curiosity for how things are made
- Possess excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Super detail-oriented, organized, multi-tasker, and self-motivated
- Thoughtful, flexible team player who brings positivity, passion, energy, and enthusiasm to every project
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and time-management skills
- Versatile, flexible, and willing to jump in to help get things done
- Think creatively and carry projects from design concepts through construction documentation and installation
- Research materials and fabrication, oversee prototyping
- Work independently and in collaboration with team members to launch and deliver projects on schedule
- Interact, communicate, and present ideas in internal meetings
- Lead and manage client meetings, calls and presentations, and facilitate workshops
- Strong spatial (ability to read and interpret architectural drawings) and material understanding
- Expert typography and iconography skills
- Proficient in CAD, Adobe Creative Suite, and 3D rendering skills in SketchUp or similar
- Hands-on experience in developing exceptional environmental design (e.g. branding in 3-dimensions, environmental graphics, exhibition design, signage/wayfinding, etc) and building consensus among various stakeholders.
- Understanding and/or experience creating location plans and message schedules is a plus
- Experience with and knowledge of code required signage is a plus
- BSc/BA in Graphic Design, Architecture, Industrial Design, or a related field
- 3+ years of experience
- Time off to recharge, including summer Fridays, and studio closure between Christmas and New Years.
- Medical, dental, vision plans with generous employer contribution
- 401(k) Plan with employer contribution
- Hybrid (3 days in person) work policy and a friendly studio culture in Brooklyn.
Salary Range: $60–$75K
Apply (deadline: June 1, 2023):
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process. Must hold a valid US work visa, if international.
To apply, send your resume, work samples, and why you’d like to work with us to email@example.com (subject line: Environmental Graphic Designer).