Tom Wiscombe Architecture (TWA) is an internationally recognized architecture practice known for its powerful massing, alluring graphic qualities, and tectonic inventiveness. We specialize in civic, entertainment, cultural, and residential design, and we are known for our radical integration of ecological thinking and technology in our work.
TWA is currently working on a number of exciting projects ranging from iconic, high-end residences in the LA area to international projects that are redefining sustainable habitation and urban ways of life on the planet. Located in the American Cement Building at the edge of downtown Los Angeles, our small office is a unique indoor-outdoor workplace with an engaging creative and intellectual environment. Starting salaries are commensurate with experience, and we offer health, dental, and vision benefits, paid time off, and paid sick leave.
We are seeking an Entry-Level Architect/Junior Designer who is motivated to learn, passionate about architecture, and interested in contributing to the work of TWA. We highly value curiosity, enthusiasm, a commitment to professional growth, and the ability to work well with others.
- Rhino-based design work on both small and large projects — Rhino expertise is required
- Prepare 3D models and drawing sets in REVIT– Some REVIT experience in an office environment is strongly preferred
- Attention to detail on issues of aesthetics, design and documentation
- Model building including 3D printing
- Ability to develop strong images, diagrams, and layouts in Adobe suite
- Knowledge of Keyshot, Twinmotion, or other render softwares a plus
- Previous internships or learning experience with design and innovation-driven firm a plus
TWA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants for employment are recruited, hired, and assigned based on merit without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or any other non-merit factor.
Please send your CV, project portfolio (15MB max .pdf file), and a cover letter (indicating availability) to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to be considered for the position you must live locally or have plans to relocate, and you must be authorized to work in the USA. No phone calls please; email only.