Studio Bloom is partnering with Ana Williamson Architect (AWA), a leading architecture firm specializing primarily in custom residential design. This is an incredible opportunity for an experienced and passionate Director of Operations to join a highly collaborative architecture firm located in Menlo Park, CA. This is a full-time, in-office position. The ability to commute or relocate to the area is a must.
The Director of Operations is a key member of the AWA team, responsible for supporting the Principal in the areas of growth, revenue, profitability, project management, design, staff management and client relationships. You will be responsible for nurturing a positive, collaborative and stimulating environment, ensuring financial goals, priorities and deadlines are being met. The ideal candidate has great energy, a strong business acumen, exceptional interpersonal skills, and a keen eye for detail. If you have a deep understanding of the traditional functions of an architectural firm, this is a huge plus.
If you see the big picture but don’t mind focusing on the small, sometimes seemingly mundane details, you will fit in well with our phenomenal team. This position presents a unique opportunity to play an integral role in ushering a nationally recognized architectural firm into its next iteration.
We love what we do, and we are looking for a passionate, energetic Director of Operations that will:
- Partner with the Principal to develop strategic goals and objectives for the firm
- Research, create, and recommend policies and procedures that continue to guide day-to-day operations
- Serve as a strategic partner to the Principal by communicating, delegating, problem-solving, and following up on their behalf when needed
- Oversee the firm’s projects from concept to completion, working closely with the design team and with the Principal to understand the creative vision and direction for each project
- Partner with the Principal to seek out new business development opportunities for growth and acting proactively in new endeavors
- Communicate and promote our brand image outwardly to the community and assist the Principal with marketing, press relations and communication
- Oversee finances by working with our accountant, reviewing P&Ls, and thinking strategically about where we grow and invest
- Proactively manage staffing needs such as recruiting, onboarding, and new hire activities
- Support company morale and cohesion by participating in the planning of company events, retreats, shared messaging, and social and charitable opportunities
- Manage additional operational duties as needed
- College-level degree in architecture, interior architecture or interior design
- 10+ years of experience in interior architecture/design with experience in a similar leadership role
- Passion for architecture, design and beautiful spaces
- Right and left-brained orientation; you process the world visually, spatially, and analytically
- Commitment to life-long learning and always improving your craft
- Some experience with contract administration and finance, with the ability to communicate with professional consultants in these areas
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the field of architecture and interior design highly preferred
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with Archicad and Adobe Creative Suite a plus
Skills & Attributes
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and adaptable to changing needs as required
- Ability to see the big picture as well as focus on the smallest details in operations management
- Extremely detail-oriented, accurate and consistent
- Strong creative problem-solving abilities, organizational and time management skills
- Impeccable communication skills, both verbal and written
- An expert relationship builder with experience in cross-functional stakeholder management; you’re able to make tough calls and enforce design standards for the firm, all while building alignment
- Ability to interact with management, peers, and other staff in a kind and professional manner
- A positive, can-do attitude and willingness to pitch in at any level
- Strong ability to lead and foster a team and environment
- High level of integrity and adherence to the firm’s values, beliefs, and principles of innovation and excellence in design
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision at times
- Remain calm, maintain perspective, and respond in a professional manner when faced with difficult situations
- Ability to proactively create and nurture professional relationships and deliver outstanding service to clients and vendors that exceed expectations
Salary, Benefits & Schedule
- Salary to commensurate with experience
- Full time, in-office position based in Menlo Park, CA
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k (after 6 months of employment)
- 8 Paid Holidays & 10-15 PTO Days DOE
- Life & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Continuing Education Benefits
AWA is a leading architecture firm that strives to provide great value to all of our clients, consistently exceeding expectations of those who share our vision. Our vibrant, creative, passionate collective brings design excellence to the world, by holding ourselves responsible to be active participants in the design process and to create meaningful, engaging, and inspired projects.
We place great value in long lasting relationships based on trust with our clients, collaborators, and teammates. Through our process with willing clients, we embark on a journey, connecting dreams and reality, making magic happen. We encourage personal development, explorative learning, and strive to create a healthy environment for growth, abundance, and profitability.
This framework allows our creative passions to thrive. We love what we do and want to share it with the world!
Interested candidates are to contact Studio Bloom (recruiting firm) directly. For consideration, submit a resume and cover letter that outlines relevant experience to the attention of Ashley Cokley: Ashley@thestudiobloom.co with “Director Of Operations” in the subject line.
No phone calls, emails, walk-ins to Ana Williamson Architect directly.