Director of Marketing & Business Development
Diller Scofidio + Renfro is an interdisciplinary studio at the intersection of architecture, the visual arts, and the performing arts. Based in New York City, Diller Scofidio + Renfro is led by four partners who work collaboratively with a staff of 100 architects, artists and administrators.
We are seeking an experienced architectural professional for the position of Director of Marketing & Business Development. The Director leads a team that is responsible for developing new business opportunities both proactively and in response to RFPs and competitions within an international area. The Director works closely with the Partners and Principals to support the continued success of the studio in national and identified international markets, both public and private sectors, and across a range of building typologies. The Director leads a small business development team, delegating assignments while maintaining quality control.
The Director must be proactive, well-organized, detail-oriented, and a strategic thinker. In addition, the Director must understand and communicate the spirit of the DS+R practice.
- Developing market intelligence, including information on long lead projects and new prospects;
- Working with potential and current clients, as well as local and international collaborators and consultants to expand the studio’s network and reach
- Strategically evaluating and advising the partners on the feasibility of project pursuits;
- Initiating and managing the development/production of RFQ and RFP packages, team assembly, fee proposals, and presentation materials;
- Conducting research and undertaking project-specific writing as appropriate to support original proposals;
- Working with other studio Directors to support negotiation of contracts and fees;
- Working with the studio’s communications team to ensure development of a coherent and consistent message that supports the studio’s strategic growth initiatives.
- 12+ years of experience in architecture/design practice, with at least five years of experience in Marketing/Business Development at a leadership level;
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Business, or related field;
- Passion for marketing and business development within the realm of design;
- Strong leadership skills, with exceptional networking experience — easily forging and maintaining rich, professional relationships with clients, potential clients, colleagues, media, and industry leaders;
- Experience with international design practice;
- Exceptional organizational skills and a demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with exacting attention to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, and editorial skills, with the ability to quickly distill complex ideas into accessible content across a range of media;
- Strong sensibility for visual and graphic design (i.e., typography, composition, branding);
- Fluency with MS Office and proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite.
Please send CV and cover letter in PDF format of maximum 10MB by email to email@example.com. Be sure to indicate your specific involvement in each project in your portfolio. Please include the position title “Director of Marketing & Business Development” in the subject line.
Please limit correspondence to email at this time.
This is a Full Time – In Studio position. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience ranging approx., from $145k to $175k excluding bonuses and other benefits. This is a good faith estimate based on the expectations as laid out in the job description. DS+R offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, Safe Harbor 401k plan, reimbursement and mentoring for AREs and yearly performance reviews.
DS+R is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
For more information about Diller Scofidio + Renfro http://dsrny.com