Acclaimed creative design firm, The McBride Company, is looking for an experienced Business Development / Marketing Specialist to work directly with senior management and lead the company’s growth efforts.
The McBride Company has established itself as one of the country’s premier creative designers of hospitality, leisure, and entertainment destinations. Our projects include hotels, restaurants, casinos, retail, museums, and attractions for clients such as Margaritaville, Disney, Hard Rock, Four Seasons, Nickelodeon, Hasbro, MTV, Peanuts, Hershey, Hilton, Universal Studios, Smithsonian and Simon Property Group.
The chosen candidate will assume responsibility for business development strategy implementation and marketing while upholding the company’s maxim of innovation through creativity. The job includes prospecting new client opportunities while maintaining quality relationships with existing clients.
As a Business Development / Marketing Specialist, you will work on:
- Formulating new client relationships that lead to new work
- Management of the business development and marketing strategies. This includes identifying and researching clients in our practice areas, generating, and tracking leads, researching market trends and industry data, and working closely with management for proper implementation
- Managing new and existing project and client data in firmwide databases and marketing collateral
- Collaborating with designers and studio staff to create attractive and informative thought leadership content via communication channels, including social media platforms
- Preparing proposals, qualifications, packages, and presentations for prospective clients
- Monitoring of RFP/RFQ eProcurement sites and distribution of solicitations
- Drafting, editing, organizing, and proofing various marketing collateral, including proposal content, project sheets, award submittals, brochures, media relations pieces, and interview content to ensure content is comprehensive, competitive, and client-specific
- Establishing a key relationship with our public relations firm, coordinating public relations efforts, events, materials for trade shows, content for speaking engagements, direct mail/email campaigns, and award submittals
- Scheduling and tracking production of proposals/qualifications packages to meet deadlines and assisting in production efforts
To join us as a Business Development / Marketing Specialist, you should have the following:
- Experience and relationships within our identified industries
- Excellent communication skills and a strong team ethic
- Strong organization, multi-tasking, and time management skills
- Ability to interact professionally with office leadership and clients
- Ability to direct and motivate work efforts of others and handle stressful situations
- Familiarity with the design industry including relevant trade organizations, publications, conferences, and events
- Ability to self-manage project assignments from start to finish with minimal oversight
- Technical production skills are necessary and require a demonstrated ability to effectively use database applications, social media platforms, Microsoft office, and the Adobe creative suite