Designer (San Francisco)
SGPA Architecture and Planning is a leading architectural firm with offices in San Diego and San Francisco. For over 50 years, we’ve become specialists in a variety of project types, including master planning, retail, mixed-use, multifamily residential, senior living, education, and wellness. At SGPA, we enrich life through design by creating memorable places that promote human connection and well-being. Through collaboration, building on our expertise, and empowering our employees, we strive to find thoughtful design solutions that meet our clients’ goals and bring new vitality to our neighborhoods and communities.
Our San Francisco office is searching for a Designer with 3 to 5 years of experience, who is seeking long-term career relationships with potential for advancement. Minimum requirements for this position include the following:
- 3 to 5 years of experience in prior similar role
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture or similar degree
- Excellent organizational capabilities
- Professional communication skills, both written and spoken
- Ability to prioritize and work effectively in a deadline intensive environment
- Excellent design and graphic communication skills
- Experience in SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite, Enscape, AutoCAD, Revit, and MS Office
- Design and planning experience in multifamily residential, mixed-use, retail, senior living, education, and healthcare, including portfolio examples
The person in this position will support the efforts of the firm’s design and production personnel. Responsibilities include assisting with design and production activities such as:
- Work under the collaborative direction of Design Director and Project Designer
- Collaborate with Design Director to develop project goals, create design concepts and graphic presentation materials
- Develop master planning studies, site planning studies and feasibility studies
- Prepare presentation materials and design exhibits, including 3D modelling, presentation drawings, diagrams, and renderings.
- Material and product research and selections, and color and materials board preparations
- Develop and maintain design presentation graphic standards
- Create and document design details
Our Office Culture
We are proud to support our teams work-life balance by offering flexible and remote work hours. Our unique office schedule of 7:30am to 5:30pm Monday to Thursday allows you to enjoy longer weekends, as the office closes at 11:30am every Friday. SGPA values the mental and physical health of our teams and discourages staff from working over 40 hours a week.
SGPA offers a Mentorship Program, an Associates Program, SGPA Academy, and ARE Study Groups to promote staff growth and professional development. SGPA recognizes the contributions of our current and future leaders through appointment to the Associates Program. Associates who perform successfully can grow to Senior Associate, Associate Principal, and Principal. The purpose of the Associate’ program is to lead the charge for the betterment and growth within SGPA. Associates are expected to continually drive change, inspire new ideas, and improve processes within the firm.
Architectural Experience Program
Our design team is only as strong as it’s best ideas. And some of the most creative input comes from early-career architects. At SGPA we welcome and use our emerging professionals’ insights, and offer full involvement in our projects. SGPA supports NCARB’s Architectural Experience Program (AXP) and additionally reimburses staff for all Architect Registrations Exams (ARE) passed while employed here.
Additional Benefits of joining our team
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including 401k, medical, dental, paid vacation, group life insurance, paid family leave, disability, flexible spending options and annual holiday time off. Capable and enthusiastic job performance will be rewarded with opportunity and responsibility.
SGPA Hires for Careers not Projects:
SGPA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and recognizes that our talented team members are our best resource. We value diversity in backgrounds and in experiences to cultivate a team that can achieve our mission of Enriching Life Through Design. We fully support the career growth and professional goals of our team, and our preference is always to promote from within. Leadership opportunities are available on an equitable performance basis and firm leadership are dedicated to cultivating talent through mentorship, training, and hands on experience.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and web link to your portfolio (less than 10MB total) in PDF format to SGPA Human Resources at JobsSF@sgpa.com. Salary Range for this position is $75,000 – $85,000. For more information or other career opportunities, please visit http://sgpa.com/careers. No phone calls, please.