OPEN POSITION: DESIGNER / JOB CAPTAIN FOR THE LOS ANGELES OFFICE
dsk architects was established in 2006 with a focus on education and healthcare, and we added commercial interiors in 2020 to our services. With 35 staff, including 10 licensed architects shared among our San Francisco, Los Angeles, Pleasanton, and San Luis Obispo offices, dsk architects offers the camaraderie of a small studio with the benefits and resources of an established mid-size firm.
We’re looking for friendly, ambitious, sharp-minded designers ready to grow professionally and share their knowledge and experience. As a member of the dsk team, you’ll interact with clients, conduct site visits, grow new skill sets (or polish existing ones), and see your work realized in construction – all with the support and guidance from our seasoned staff.
dsk is committed to providing a great work environment and good work-life balance including a hybrid work schedule. Our office is bright and ergonomic (electric sit/stand desks), with 40” 4K monitors for optimal drawing viewing. In addition to 15 PTO days + 7 Holidays a year, our compressed work schedule affords 12 extra days off a year, allowing for more 3 and 4 day weekends without even touching your PTO.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
- Architecture degree
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience developing quality Construction Documents for educational or healthcare, civic or similar building types
- Savvy software skills, (Autodesk, Office, Adobe)
- 2+ years office experience post college
- DSA and/or OSHPD experience preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of building codes, other building regulations, and experience with regulatory agencies preferred
- Experience with specification review and coordination preferred
- Experience with consultant coordination preferred
- Experience with building systems, including use of standard details – custom detailing experience preferred
- Professional Revit experience required
We are seeking an individual to help projects predominantly in our education division. dsk is lucky to have a steady staff and we prefer to keep team members on projects from start-to-finish for consistency.
- We will not be able to sponsor work related visas.
- No phone calls. We will confirm that we’ve received your application, and let you know whether or not you’ve been selected to interview. Thank you for your interest in dsk.
IF YOU WISH TO APPLY, PLEASE SUBMIT:
- A resume, cover letter, and PDF copy or web-link to your portfolio.
- In the letter, address your current professional level, what level you are applying for, and why you want to join dsk.
- Include sample construction documents with your portfolio.
- Keep the total email size under 10 MB.
To see our work, check out our website at www.dskarch.com
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume, and portfolio to email@example.com