ELMO STUDIOS is a New York based architecture and interior design firm specialized in high end residential, hospitality, commercial and cultural projects.
We approach each project from a conceptual framework. We use this framework as a device to abstract our preconceived notions about a project and arrive at a formal and aesthetic language that feels both unique and elevated.
We are looking for a Designer with 1-2 years of experience in architecture and/or interior design to join our team.
We are a young office looking to grow. We believe in cultivating talent. The role will offer exposure to multiple projects in different stages of development. We are a design driven practice pursuing aesthetic expressions that are both deliberate and intelligent.
Education and Previous Work Experience Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture or Interior Design from an accredited university.
- Master’s Degree in Architecture or Interior Design from an accredited university.
- 1 – 2 Years of experience working in high end Residential, Hospitality, Commercial and/or Cultural Design Projects.
- Candidate must be authorized to work in the US.
Skills and Competencies:
- Acute Design Sensibility. Strong and curated knowledge of current design trends, products, and relevant precedent projects.
- Candidate must be able to communicate and represent both clearly and efficiently different design concepts and ideas for projects.
- Fluency in the following software: Revit, Rhino, AutoCAD, Vray, Enscape, Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign. Capacity to produce photo-realistic renderings is a plus.
- Strong Knowledge of high-end specifications, fixtures, and interior furnishings
- Must be very organized in all aspects of the job. Strong sensibility in graphic representation will be carefully considered.
- Assist in the initial concept and development phase of a project through sketches, 3D visualization, and precedent research.
- Produce graphic representation to illustrate design intent (both 2D and 3D)
- Record as-built conditions and construct 3D models for design and rendering purposes.
- Assist in the production of architectural documentation in Schematic Design, Design Development and Construction Documentation.
- Assist in the production and design of custom furniture and millwork.
- Research, procure and specify appropriate architectural products, fixtures and furniture.
- Lead the purchasing and procurement of FF&E across multiple projects.
- Assist in managing and overseeing design related consultants: Structural, MEP, Lighting and Landscape.
- Review and answer RFIs, Submittal and Shop Drawings for projects under construction.
- Contribute to the standardization and systematization of core processes and workflow throughout the design process.
- Position will be hybrid. Candidate must be able to attend meetings in person in New York City.
Application Information and Instructions:
- Please send Resume and Portfolio to email@example.com with subject “Designer I Application: First Name Last Name – March 2023”.
- Applicants will be required to complete a brief Practical Exercise as part of the application process.