Here at AO you’re not just a number, you’re family. We believe in casual Fridays, company sponsored events, annual holiday parties, picnics, bowling and more. As the host of Toastmasters International, we seek to expand one’s confidence in public speaking, leadership and teamwork while providing both professional and personal growth. With collaborative work spaces and driven coworkers AO welcomes creativity, learning, and lasting relationships.
Since its founding in 1974, AO has evolved from a 2 man single office to an award winning full service firm spanning a campus of 5 buildings in Orange and additional offices in San Diego and Santa Clara, an engaged staff of 270+ souls and 10 Studios (Multifamily, Retail, Hospitality, Restaurant, Mixed Use, Office, Industrial, Parking, Landscape, Modular, Science and Technology and Global Design). Just like Historic Old Towne Orange where we are located, AO is family focused, hardworking and built to last. AO believes in the power of relationship. Everything we do is motivated by what it takes to be effective and successful for our clients. We value service, our people, a roll up your sleeves attitude and continuous improvement. If you are young in your career, come grow with us. If experienced, come get better with us. There is no one like you, and there is no place like AO.
- Individual must be able to read and write Mandarin at a professional level sufficient to perform the role and responsibilities of the Designer as well as act as client liaison with Chinese Clients, and to collaborate with China based teams
- Based upon direction given by Client, Principal or other senior staff, develop to completion the design drawings, tabulations, documents, and other services as required for the assigned project(s). This typically includes the actual drawing of schematic and detailed site plans, floor plans, building images, building elevations, materials selections, color selections and other aspects of the design and presentation process.
- Assist in the preparation of the drawings, sketches and related documents to accurately represent the project to the client, approving agency, contractor in sufficient detail to allow the subsequent preparation of project construction documents and specifications buy other AO technical staff.
- Design Team Interaction:
- Coordinate project design efforts with the other senior staff and members of the design team.
- Assist senior staff in the scheduling of project and individual tasks.
- Present, discuss and receive design review comments from Senior Designer and other senior staff on assigned projects / tasks
- Must possess exceptional scheduling, prioritization and coordination skills
- Specific knowledge of the following programs is required: AutoCAD, Revit, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft
- Office Professional programs including Word, Excel, Outlook, and others.
This role provides an excellent opportunity to work directly with the Principal and Partner of the Global Design Studio and is perfect for an individual who not only is passionate about design but is also passionate about the business of Architecture, business development and working internationally.
Some things we’d love to see
- Familiarity with Revit
- Exposure to Retail/Outlet/Shopping Center projects
- Previous experience working in China or collaborating with China based
We offer all the benefits of a big firm, with all the human connection of a small one. You will never be a number at AO. Come join our community.
Partial list of benefits:
- Full Suite of Medical, Dental, Life & Supplemental Insurance
- Ongoing Education and Exam Reimbursement
- Most Medical Plans fully paid for employee only coverage
- Company Paid Basic Life Insurance & Long Term Disability
- Retirement Plan, Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Overtime Compensation for Hourly Employees
- Paid Vacation, Holidays and Sick Time
- Flexible Schedule
- Rail Station one block from campus with participation in tax-benefited Metrolink rider program
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR RESUME:
Please apply directly through our Website at www.aoarchitects.com