Payette, based in downtown Boston, is a leading architectural design firm specializing in the programming, planning, and design of complex buildings for medical and scientific research, academic teaching, healthcare, and corporate research. We provide a dynamic, collaborative environment which supports innovation and creativity, allowing each team member to significantly contribute to the design process. We invest in our staff and firmly believe there is an opportunity for anyone with talent and initiative to reach any level in our organization.
In recognition of the quality of the firm’s work and professional leadership, Payette received the 2019 AIA Architecture Firm Award, the highest national honor bestowed upon an architectural practice.
Payette is committed to supporting the development and mentoring of the design staff. For over 15 years, Payette’s Young Designer’s Core (YDC) provides resources and experiences for continuing education and community service, fostering the highest level of professional competency and synchronizing individual career growth with the firm’s mission. Structured around presentations by Payette staff and outside consultants, construction tours and community service events, YDC seeks to complement daily project work with new experiences and learning opportunities. In 2014, Payette’s YDC received the AIA National IDP Outstanding Firm of the Year Award. This award recognizes the firms that demonstrate strong and innovative commitment to the Intern Development Program (IDP).
We are currently seeking a Designer/Fabricator to support our design studio in the Fabrication Shop and Model Shop.
Candidates should possess the following prerequisite qualifications for this position:
- Well‐versed in digital fabrication and conventional construction methods. Must be motivated to work closely with multiple project teams simultaneously to elevate architectural design through model-making and full-scale prototyping.
- Professional degree in Architecture, Industrial Design, Engineering, or relevant vocational training.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in Architectural Fabrication or a related industry.
- Advanced knowledge of Rhino 3D and Grasshopper/Rhinoscript/Python for parametric modeling and automated fabrication
- Experience programming with Mastercam for 3-Axis CNC Milling
Other position qualifications include:
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and prioritize multiple tasks with limited supervision.
- A high degree of self-motivation, flexibility, and resourcefulness.
- Seeks-out opportunities to expand the role of fabrication in architectural practice.
- Work is performed in both a fabrication facility and office setting.
- Some lifting and handling of heavy materials may be required.
Payette is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
Resumes submitted online will be considered. Please note for all documents (resume, cover letter, and portfolio) the maximum files size is 5 MB.
Please use the following link to apply for this position.