TEF Design is a San Francisco based, award-winning design firm that provides architectural and interior design services for educational, civic, healthcare, infrastructure, private sector and workplace clients. We are committed to providing excellent design and service to our mission driven projects and clients.
TEF is hiring at all levels of professional experience. The ideal candidate is a creative self-starter with design strength, technical expertise, strong management and communication skills. The position offers the opportunity for growth and advancement. The following are the minimum qualifications required for this position:
- A professional degree in architecture
- At a minimum you are in progress toward licensure
- Excellent communication skills: verbal, written, graphic and visualization
- Demonstrated technical/software proficiency – ideally in Revit
- Proficiency in: InDesign, Enscape3D (or equivalent), Adobe suite is a plus
- Ability to work independently and balance needs of multiple projects
- A key attribute is the ability to collaborate well and work as part of a larger design team.
- Participate in, or lead, project teams in all phases of design through construction.
- You may be staffed onto project(s) varying in size, scale and complexity.
- Currently, our staff is working in the office three days per week and two days it is optional to work in the office or remotely.
- Teaching and learning is at the heart of our practice. We have weekly TEF Talks where staff, consultants or other colleagues share their work and/or experiences. There are also routine TEF Teaches brown bags where technical expertise is shared. TEF also sponsors a mentor – mentee program.
- TEF also has a rich office culture program including BBQs, Valentine’s Day bake offs, an annual Ancestory’s Feast and a Sketchfest.
TEF offers a competitive and comprehensive compensation package, including health benefits, disability insurance, 401k retirement plan with company match, vacation, sick leave and generous discretionary performance bonuses.