MAD Architects is an award-winning international practice with a complete portfolio of cultural projects, high-rises, and mixed-use developments North America, Europe, and Asia. Led by Founder and Principal Designer Ma Yansong, MAD works in forward-looking environments developing futuristic architectures based on a contemporary interpretation of the eastern spirit of nature. MAD currently employs 110 architects from around the world. Find more information about our firm at www.i-mad.com.
We are seeking Designers/ Architects with 2 to 5 years of experience working in a major international architecture firm. West coast experience, particularly on completed residential, corporate offices, mixed-use developments, and/or large-scale cultural projects, is highly preferred. The position will be based in MAD’s Los Angeles office. The ideal candidate should be extremely professional, possess strong design and communication skills.
· You will be involved in the design, architectural, and some technical aspects of projects and their graphic representation through the entire architectural design process.
· This position has to be very strong in Concept, high design form, with extremely efficient 3D modeling skill set.
· Within dedicated teams, you will develop project packages that demonstrate clarity, design sensitivity, and a sound understanding of technical feasibility.
· As an integral part of our international practice, you will be contributing actively to the development of MAD.
· You are a globally-minded individual with an excellent academic background (Bachelor in Architecture or equivalent from an internationally recognized architecture school) and an outgoing, proactive and positive attitude.
· You have a track record of at least 2 years in-depth post-qualification involvement in leading international architecture firms, as a key contributor to complex large-scale mixed-use, cultural, civic or hospitality projects through all stages of design.
· You combine strong aesthetic design, has similar design style as MAD, understand MAD’s design philosophy, sensitivity with technical knowledge, and are a clear communicator. You articulate your ideas and concepts precisely, comprehensibly, and in a graphically engaging way.
· You thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced team environment, enjoy contributing to your team, are flexible, and able to set priorities in order to deliver accurately and on time.
· You are highly skilled in Rhino, Revit, AutoCAD and Adobe CS, with a sound working knowledge of Maya.
Please indicate the position you are applying for in your email subject and send your resume and portfolio as ONE PDF (no larger than 6 Mb) to firstname.lastname@example.org.