SHED is looking for a talented and motivated designer/architect. This person will work closely with principals and teams to design and manage projects from Pre-Design through Contract Administration. This person will have proven their ability to work both independently and collaboratively, and is responsible for:
- Feasibility studies, research, and presentation packages
- Developing and maintaining 3D models at all stages of design
- Design and production drawings
- Producing permit and construction drawings
- Project Management (communication with clients and contractors)
Strong candidates will:
- Have a portfolio that demonstrates strong design skills and dedication to design process
- Hold a Master of Architecture degree from an accredited university
- Have 1 – 5 years post-grad experience in the field of architecture
- Have an interest in, and understanding of, construction assemblies, material properties, etc.
- Be skilled at researching and resolving technical issues
- Have an interest in and knowledge of sustainable building practices including LEED, Passive House and Net Zero standards
- Be proficient in production and project management tools: ArchiCad is a major plus, AutoCad, Revit, SketchUp, V-Ray, Enscape, TwinMotion, Adobe Creative Suite, and BlueBeam
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and listening skills
- Communicate effectively verbally, graphically and in writing, present design ideas clearly and with confidence
SHED is an established Seattle architecture firm that takes design seriously. We value substance over style and work toward design solutions that are direct, innovative and project-specific. SHED takes on three primary types of work:
- Adaptive re-use of existing (mostly historic) commercial buildings
- High-performance residential construction (LEED, Passive House, Net-Zero)
- Residential remodels and restoration
Having origins as a design-build firm, we are inspired and informed by evolving methods, materials and design concepts. We promote a collaborative culture that balances personal responsibility with mentorship and team support, and we provide an environment geared towards professional growth and development.
Competitive pay and benefits based on experience.
SHED is committed to providing a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
Please send a resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please understand that we can only respond to qualified candidates.