Michaelis Boyd is looking for a talented Designer to join our NY team with 4-8 years of experience.
We are an interior design practice with an architectural influence working on a wide range of exciting residential and commercial projects in the US, UK and across Europe, Asia, Africa and South America. We are involved in all aspects of design, producing unique and inspiring design schemes.
Our ideal candidate will have an excellent design portfolio, good specification knowledge, and experience of completing a range of residential and hospitality projects.
- produce design documents including DD, CD sets, and schedules from Concept Design to Installation
- produce creative conceptual designs (3D, 2D and hand-drawings) on a number of different project types including:
- high-end residential projects (2 million-10 million)
- mixed-use commercial projects (high-quality restaurants, bars, hotels and multi-use developments)
- refurbishment/fitouts/new build schemes
- showcase knowledge to current interior and furniture trends
- strong FFE design and specifications skills
- liaise directly with clients, external consultants and suppliers
- technical – demonstrable examples producing technical drawings and specifications, 3D modelling, demonstrable experience producing drawings for custom FF&E and fixtures, ability to review show drawings
- project management – ability to work on simultaneous projects with a quick turnaround of thorough, detailed, accurate drawings
- software – fluent in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign), CAD drawing package (preferably Vectorworks), SketchUp, Bluebeam, and Design Spec (or similar) will be an advantage
- relationship management – excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to present your work internally to partners as well as clients
At Michaelis Boyd we encourage all staff to demonstrate the following qualities:
- Working together and supporting each other
- Creative thinking
- Being proactive
- Previous work experience in architectural/interior design practices
- Portfolio to include:
- High level of Design work including hand-drawings
- High level of ID documentation
Michaelis Boyd is an equal opportunities employer.
We offer a competitive benefits package; salary is dependent on experience.
The salary band for those in our Designer role is $65,000 – $87,000.
Please send your CV with examples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please only include your work samples as a PDF (less than 10MB) with no links to any external websites.