GTC Design (Good Times Creative) is an Architecture and design firm based out of San Diego, CA. Our work is impactful, fast-paced, and innovative. We are partnered with some of the largest developers and investors in San Diego and work on a diverse array of projects ranging from hospitality, mixed-use developments, multi-family, and single-family residential.
San Diego is in the midst of a housing crisis! Join us in our mission to add 200,000 housing units to aid our community. With a passion for design excellence and a commitment to delivering exceptional results, our team of architects and designers work collaboratively to bring our client’s visions to life. We are currently seeking a talented and organized Designer 3 to help us build the future, all while you build a rewarding and purposeful career.
As a Designer 3 at GTC, you will play a crucial role in the execution of our projects while working closely with the Lead Architect and Project Manager on larger projects and managing your own small projects. You will work closely with team leads, Revit drafters, and consultants to develop construction drawings and ensure project timelines and successful delivery of projects from concept to completion. If you’re driven, have an intrapreneurial spirit, and experienced architect with a passion for design and a keen eye for detail, we want to hear from you.
- Lead small-scale projects through all project phases, including schematic design, design development, and construction documentation.
- Assist in architectural problem solving, work alongside Project Managers in preparing budgets and schedules, and monitoring work plans.
- Organize and generate a set of working drawings, and fulfill requirements/deliverables of SD, DD, and CD phases.
- Listen and communicate effectively and professionally.
- Prepare and present design packages, drawings, and 3D models to clients and project stakeholders.
- Coordinate projects with team members and consultants for conflicts and discrepancies.
- Manage project timelines, budgets, and resources to ensure successful project delivery.
- Establish productive working relationships, and deal effectively and cooperatively with team members, consultants, and government agencies.
- Delegate and review assignments to support staff while always being respectful and diligent in the quality assurance process.
- Write meeting minutes, instruction bulletins, change orders, RFI responses, and professional correspondence for self-managed projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture from an accredited institution.
- 7+ years of experience in architectural design.
- Proficiency in Revit, SketchUp, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Set goals, prioritize, and plan work activities for self-management and possess efficient time management skills.
- Understand the technical terminology of the architectural and construction industry.
- Possess knowledge of drawing setup, layers, plotting/publishing, dimensions, blocks, attributes, purge/audit/recover, and back up files and viewports
- Knowledge of sustainable design principles and LEED accreditation is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of CA code and regulations – CRC and CBC.
- Experience with Monday.com is a plus.
- Please attach a portfolio link or PDF showcasing your design and construction drawing capabilities when applying.
- Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible Paid Time Off (vacation & sick leave)
- Performance Based Rewards
- Professional Development and Growth Opportunities
- Collaborative and Inclusive Work Environment
- Educational Assistance Program
- 12 Paid Holidays
If qualified, please send your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
GTC Design is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color national origin, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.