HATCH Brief: HATCH Architecture is a 5-year-old, Los Angeles based, multidisciplinary architectural design firm in a phase on significant growth. HATCH is currently working on a wide range of project types around the world in residential, commercial, hospitality, art, product design, masterplans, branding, retail, landscape/site, commercial and institutional sectors. Our design process is centered around explorations in sustainability through a variety of means, with examples ranging from net zero design, to innovative remodels, wellness resorts, local production and ecological landscape design. We strive to create highly impactful work through all phases of our process with the vision of developing the company into a world renowned design firm.
Our Team: Our team is made up of a group of hard working, insightful, poised and creative professionals. They are responsible for driving the overall delivery and management of projects of significant variety and sizes.
Job Description: We are seeking a highly talented and highly motivated Designer to join our expanding company. This is not a normal job, it is a leadership opportunity: we want someone who is excited to be part of the company growth and to create a strong unique position for themselves. This role will give the candidate the ability to manage projects very early on in their career including the design process and client engagement.
- Developing drawing sets and details under a project architect’s supervision
- Producing renderings for conceptual designs and detailed architectural features to be built
- Design studies utilizing computer drawings and 3D through all phases of project delivery
- Products and specifications research
- Ongoing desire to learn the process of permitting and code analysis
- Engagement with clients, consultants and vendors in a highly professional manner
- Trips to Los Angeles Building & Safety for projects reviews and inquiries
- Construction site visits for design and construction reviews
- Professional Degree (B. Arch or M. Arch)
- 1-4 years of professional experience
- High Level of Computer Literacy
- Proficiency in Revit, Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign. Please do not apply to this job if you are not competent in Revit
- Revit complementary rendering software skills (3DS Max, Lumion, Twinmotion) is a plus
- Understanding of Construction details and methods
- Personal Management Skills
- Excellent communication skills, well-spoken, and can communicate effectively with clients
- Is authorized to work in the USA
- CV and portfolio
- Limit total size of attachments to 15mb, or provide link to a download, shared folder or website.