We are BAMO
creative expression | award-winning design
travel | international destinations
multi-cultural exposure | innovative clients
mentorship | renowned leaders
inspiring and fulfilling work | balanced, diverse, and supportive culture
A collective of interior designers, we create captivating environments that flow, function, and make people feel welcome, at ease, and inspired. From a resort in Bora Bora to a high-rise in Miami, a beach house in California to a villa in Italy, we create true havens: places apart from the everyday.
Job Title:: Design Technologies Manager
Seeking candidate with a love of design and design software. Strong knowledge of design software functionality and its application to Interior Design services. Desire to work with designers and IT to develop a holistic approach to design software implementation and the design workflow.
As a Design Technologies Manager, you will be involved in all aspects of the software management of the firm. These software products include, but are not limited to, Microsoft Office, Adobe Suites, Revit, BIM 360, AutoCAD, Enscape, SketchUp, Bluebeam, and Specsources (including Revit plug-in called SpecBIM). Reporting to the Associates and Principals, and working alongside our IT consultant, you will be helping to implement, train, and grow BAMO’s design technology capabilities.
What you can expect in a Design Technologies Manager Role at BAMO:
- Orient, train and mentor of first-time software users
- Work with/support users in understanding their needs, which software functions to use and resolving problems associated with Software use
- Oversight, maintenance and creation of training materials and software templates
- Periodic training updates for all users
- Support Projects Kick Off, internal and external with other consultants
- Coordinate software deployments with IT; establish project needs and internal road map
- Liaison with IT Consultant and BIM Users in updating in-house network, server and workstation hardware
- Oversight, maintenance, and problem-solving of software functionality; QA, implementation of custom upgrades where feasible (involves outside programmers)
- Coordinate with license software providers.
- Have experience in coordinating with outsourcing or external developers’ teams
- Marketplace research to identify new technologies/methods available for improving our use of Specifications processes
- Salary range: $110,000 – $130,000
- Health, dental vision, and life insurance
- Paid vacation
- Hybrid work schedule
- Paid family leave
- Must be team-oriented, flexible, productive, able to work under pressure and gain the confidence of team members
- Excellent communication and people skills required
- Must have an analytical background, able to gather and write requirements
- Must have experience coordinating BIM kick-off meetings with external project consultants
- College-level degree required; (interior design, software or related field desirable)
- Experience in the interior design industry, including experience producing FF&E specifications with specifications software
- Experience with and interest in interior design industry software
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
BAMO, Inc has adopted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all employees. New hires will be required to provide proof of vaccination (and booster if eligible) upon hire. Reasonable accommodations will be provided to enable otherwise qualified individuals who cannot be vaccinated because of a disability or a religious reason.