“Where are you going? Where can we go together? Come along with us in pursuit of a more humane world. Our mission driven approach keeps us at the frontlines of critical issues and many kinds of user experiences.
NAC is a group of thought leaders, trailblazers, and experts dedicated to bringing our clients’ ideas to life. We have also won a national design award or two -just a humbling reminder that we are on the right path of excellent stewardship and giving back.
NAC Architecture is a national firm with four offices located in Los Angeles, Seattle, Spokane and our newly acquired office in Columbus, Ohio.
Design Professional – Non-licensed entry level architectural professional who performs basic architectural assignments. Undertakes a variety of assignments requiring the application of standard architectural techniques for small projects or selected segments of a larger project. Performs design layouts and features, which require researching, compiling, and recording information for assigned project work.
- Assist in the production of finished plans, specifications and approval of materials and construction
- Assist in coordination of the planning and development of construction and design document production; provide technical expertise to ensure coordinated and high-quality documents
- Assist with construction/permit documents, perform site visits, RFI responses, submittals, and punch list reviews
- Address and complete redlines on delegated work and produce a complete package of project deliverables
- Participates in project coordination meetings
- Involve explorations of subject area, definition of scope, selection of items for investigation, and development of novel concepts and methods
- Contribute innovative design ideas that consistently capture the intended design vision
- Contribute to bold design solutions that balance scale, aesthetics, and context to maximize the impact to the individual and community
- Ability and experience in interpreting architectural drawings
- Proficiency in Revit required
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suites required such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Proficiency with Sketchup and Rhino preferred. Lumion, Enscape, and V-Ray is a plus
- Strong organizational skills, self-motivated and effective under pressure
- Knowledgeable of industry terminology and standard construction methods / materials preferred
- Strong visual discrimination and extra attention to detail
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- This position operates in a professional open office environment with low to moderate noise levels including collaborative work areas for team meetings. Each office location has a workstation for scanning/ photocopying and a cafe for dining. Building construction sites may include varying temperatures, wind, dust, and noise levels and may include hazardous and dirty conditions.
- Hand/Wrist/Finger dexterity for 8 hours a day, 40 hours a week
- Ability to lift a set of construction documents
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
Position/Hours expected to work
- This is a full-time position with the expectation of working 40 hours per week
- Minimal travel
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Architecture or Bachelor of Architecture degree from an accredited university preferred
- Master of Architecture preferred
- Entry level, internship experience is a plus
- Sponsorship may be considered
NAC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity employment. As a result, all qualified employees and prospective employees will be recruited, selected, and trained without regard to age, sex, race, color, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. All applicants are carefully screened, and full consideration is given to their training, education, skills, experiences, growth potential and previous work record. This same non- discriminatory consideration will be used in all other aspects of the employment relationship.
NAC will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability to the extent that doing so does not create an undue hardship on NAC, Inc. NAC encourages employees and applicants to communicate any special needs by engaging in an interactive process with NAC to formulate reasonable accommodations.