Lehrer Cumming is a hands-on owner’s advisory firm that offers strategic guidance — including project management and other related services — to owners, developers, and institutions in and around New York City, New Jersey, Boston, Washington, D.C., and Florida. Lehrer Cumming offers an environment that fosters creativity and problem-solving, and rewards team members for exceptional client service, collaboration, and a focus on continuous improvement and results. At Lehrer Cumming, we are leading industry consultants with a reputation for extraordinary professionalism and expertise.
We are currently looking for Design Managers who are Architects or Engineers to join our team focusing on the development and design phases of new high-profile projects. Skilled Designers or Project Managers from Architecture or Engineering firms with strong organizational skills are ideal candidates. This position will be based in New York, NY and is a great opportunity to join our team!
Design management in a fast-paced environment.
- Employ strong initiative, critical thinking, and problem-solving abilities.
- Follow development of concept, SD, DD, CD, and construction
phases for high-rise, mixed-use, residential, hospitality, and commercial office projects.
- Develop rigorous analyses and reviews of consultant design and engineering.
- Collaborate in the cost and schedule management of the project.
- Develop management deliverables including presentations, reporting, tables, minutes, logs.
- Employ excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Develop knowledge and understanding of construction methods, materials, and sequences.
- Assist in onboarding consultants and design teams with RFQ’s, RFPs, interviews, leveling, etc.
- Attend project owner and consultant meetings and site visits.
- Research innovations in design, prefabrication, means + methods, sustainability, etc.
- BS in Architecture, Engineering or a closely related field is highly preferred. Skilled Designers or Project Managers from Architecture or Engineering firms with strong organizational skills are ideal candidates.
- Two levels: 3-5 and 5-10 years of relevant experience in the architecture or engineering industries preferably on medium to large scale mixed-use, hospitality, residential, office projects.
- Understanding and experience in the design and development process of buildings.
- Understanding of architectural, engineering, and construction drawings and specifications; and construction methods, materials, and sequences.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Project; CAD or 3D software is beneficial.
- Strong working knowledge of Bluebeam, Adobe Creative Suite, and Procore or similar PMIS systems.