Snarkitecture is seeking a creative and talented individual to join our studio team as a full-time Design Intern in late May or Early June 2023 for three months.
Snarkitecture is a New York-based design practice dedicated to reimagining the familiar. We work internationally with high-profile cultural and commercial clients to design memorable spaces, experiences and objects. With an ethos of “not art, not architecture” and a methodology that challenges conventional approaches to materials and structures, we thrive on opportunities to create unexpected moments that invite exploration, play, and reflection. We are committed to an inclusive and collaborative studio culture, and to investing in the personal and professional development of our team members.
QUALIFICATIONS AND ROLE
Within the Snarkitecture studio, a Design Intern is an imaginative, resourceful and approachable team member with a strong design sensibility. They are actively involved in the creative development of projects and use their talent to support developing original concepts with the team. The internship is set up to ensure growth and development are core elements of the experience within the studio. Getting exposure to different projects, teams and phases are important steps in learning about the profession.
Day to day responsibilities includes research, drafting, digital modeling, rendering, communicating with vendors and suppliers, and administrative and organizational tasks. Strong familiarity with 3D software, rendering and drafting programs is an essential tool for success in this role.
- Develop an understanding of the conceptual focus, design approach, and values of Snarkitecture’s practice.
- Develop exceptional design sensibility and excellent visualization skills.
- Support with production and coordination of internal or external presentations.
- Support with the production of drawing sets from concept through to construction documentation.
- Familiarity and technical ability with digital modeling, rendering and drafting programs (AutoCAD and Rhino/Vray)
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite.
Communication and Culture
- Assist with administrative and organizational tasks within the studio.
- Assist directors and designers in helping to foster a creative and supportive studio culture.
- Develop new skills and demonstrate initiative.
- Build confidence and communication skills to contribute to the discussion and design process in a collaborative environment.
- Actively engaged in design or architectural education or training
- This is a New York-based position and candidates must be locally based.
- Candidates should be able to commit to a 3-month internship
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States
Snarkitecture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment opportunities at Snarkitecture are based upon one’s qualifications and capabilities to perform the essential functions of a particular job. All employment opportunities are provided without regard to: race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, military or veteran status, disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, marital or family status, domestic violence victim status, arrest record or criminal conviction history, or any other impermissible basis.
- To be considered for this position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Design Intern” and your name in the subject line. Please do not call or visit the studio.
- Please include your CV, a brief cover letter, and a portfolio (PDF, 5 MB)
- Lastly, in your email please provide a short response to the following question: “What is your favorite design object and why?”