Coen+Partners is seeking multiple landscape architects and urban designers, from early-career to senior-level experience, for full time, or long-term contract positions in support of a wide range of regional and global projects. Candidates would support existing and new project teams working on local, regional, and national urban public realm projects , Department of State Bureau of Overseas Building Operations (OBO) Design Excellence projects, and international work that includes a city-wide cycling and pedestrian mobility network and a 22-mile redevelopment corridor that includes highway removal, detailed design of more than 1,000 acres of urban park and recreation space, multiple transit-oriented development districts, comprehensive green and blue infrastructure, and an integrated health and wellness program.
Candidates must be passionate about design and design thinking, proactive problem-solvers, and highly skilled in conceptualizing, developing and implementing sophisticated and complex landscapes and urban design projects. Key responsibilities for these positions will include leading the design of projects in a multi-disciplinary team setting, fostering a collaborative team environment, and supporting the development of new systems and processes to improve project delivery. These positions will be integral in project visioning, client and community engagement, business development, and the long-range growth and diversification of the studio.
Coen+Partners is a highly collaborative design studio that is actively working to push the boundaries of the Landscape Architecture practice. We empower our team to develop design solutions that push beyond best practices, addressing a wide range of civic issues through innovative process, design strategies, and implementation. Our work is rigorous, mission-driven, and constantly evolving.
Applications should include the following:
- A cover letter that describes your specific interests in the industry, your background, and your long-range career goals
- A resume that clearly identifies years and roles in the industry, past experience, and education (academic and professional)
- A portfolio of work, identifying for each project your specific role in each stage, the scale and location of the project, the role of the firm (subconsultant or lead), and key lessons learned from the project.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com. Please submit applications by June 14th.
Visit our website for more information. www.coenpartners.com
Preferred candidates will have the following attributes:
- 8+ years of design experience in a progressive studio environment
- Exceptional ability to create and develop strong site specific concepts of all scales.
- Developed understanding and passionate approach to contemporary, timeless and context-based design
- Exceptional ability and proven experience overseeing and driving the design process of multi-disciplinary teams on a range of project sizes
- Ability to lead and direct the design of multiple projects at once, collaborating with project managers and design team members
- Discipline and confidence in leading the design and team through complex projects from concept through detailed design and documentation and managerial requirements of project construction.
- Ability to mentor and develop staff across all skill levels
- Fluent with Rhino and BIM documentation
- Desire and ability to travel internationally
- Minimally a Bachelor’s Degree in Landscape Architecture, Architecture, Planning or Urban Design from an accredited program (Master’s degree preferred).
- Develop a strong vision for a project and empower teams to maintain that vision throughout the design and construction process
- Develop and lead the design of public realm projects through an iterative design process including research, sketching, discussions, and evaluation of results
- Develop landscape architecture, urban design, and planning concepts that provide strong connections to context and systems
- Assist in preparing, coordinating, and participating in workshops and charrettes with large project teams and clients
- Advance and evolve the Coen+Partners brand and design process
- Work with project manager and leadership to develop detailed workplans, schedules, and budgets for the management of a multi-disciplinary design team
- Develop working relationships with other firms, clients, and government agencies through the course of a project
- Foster a collaborative team environment through mentorship, engaging others in the design process, and challenging team members to excel
- Mentor and empower junior design staff in the conceptual design effort, detailed design development, and quality control efforts during all phases of project work
- Work directly with clients throughout a project, actively representing their interests as well as the interests of Coen+Partners and the project as a whole
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.