Alice Aycock (AYC, Ltd.) is seeking a part-time design developer for a position in her New York City studio.
Artist Website: http://www.aaycock.com
This is a part-time position. There may be some flexibility, but candidates should be available to work remotely at least 16 hours a week. In addition, availability for deadlines is a must.
Candidates should be available to come into the Soho studio to work in-person as needed from time to time. If you do not live in the NYC region, please do not apply.
- Concept Design on large-scale art commissions as well as discreet sculpture in the United States and internationally.
- Execution of design and construction documents from Concept Design through Construction Documentation Phases.
- Interact and support studio project team including the Artist, studio manager, fabricator, and engineer; and interact on various large-scale projects with developers/architectural firm project teams.
- Coordinate with art consultants, galleries and private clients on design and logistics.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in similar field.
- Strong proficiency in Rhino (surface modeling) and AutoCAD (experience with contract documents).
- Proficiency in multiple rendering applications including 3D Studio Max, VRay, Maxwell, or Grasshopper preferred.
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Ability to handle multiple deadlines and projects.
- Familiarity with contemporary artists working on large-scale sculptural projects and its relationship to contemporary architecture.
- Ability to work in a collaborative studio environment.
- Available for occasional additional days as necessary to meet deadlines.
Please submit an application only if you meet all qualifications. Compensation commensurate with experience. Competitive rates for the right candidate.
Work samples must be applicant’s own independent work and demonstrate a high level of proficiency. References will be verified.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, three professional references, and several work samples in PDF format to AAycock301@gmail.com