Building Stronger Communities, One Park, Rec Center, or Library at a Time
Do you have experience in design and construction and want to see the positively impact your work will have on the lives of children and families in Philadelphia? Rebuild is looking for talented and creative design professionals who are interested in reversing decades of disinvestment in public spaces through creative problem solving, technical expertise, and spirited initiative.
As a Rebuild Design & Construction project manager, you will be responsible for directing the planning, design, and construction of parks, playgrounds, recreation centers and libraries. Projects vary in size. Applicants with architecture, landscape architecture, and engineering experience are encouraged to apply.
To learn more about Rebuild, please visit phila.gov/Rebuild.
- Inform design decisions by utilizing professional background and technical expertise in architecture, landscape architecture, and/or site civil engineering.
- Oversee the complete the Rebuild development process and represent Rebuild’s program pillars during scope determination, schematic design, design development, construction documentation, bidding/procurement, and construction.
- Integrate Philadelphia Parks and Rec (PPR) and Free Library of Philadelphia (FLP) standards and community feedback in the Rebuild development process.
- Act as the primary point of contact for non-profit Project Users that have been selected to deliver Rebuild projects or actively manage a team of design/engineering consultants charged with completing the Rebuild development process.
- Interact on a frequent basis with Project Users/Design Teams to discuss and resolve issues related to project design and construction matters.
- Create project data and presentations for internal and external use (the community, City Council, etc.) as required.
- Manage the creation and refinement of project budgets, collaborating on ways to meet project needs within the allotted budget.
- Oversee the creation and maintenance of monthly project schedules (critical path/milestones, lookaheads, etc.), developing strategies to stay on schedule.
- Implement strategies that support diverse business and workforce development efforts.
- Closely collaborate with community engagement efforts to ensure community input informs design.
- Coordinate and review third party QAQC reviews at key design milestones.
- Assess project documentation to ensure efficient bidding and participate in the review of bid proposals and vendor selection, informed by Rebuild program contract and workforce participation goals.
- Participate in bi- weekly on-site construction meetings.
- Evaluate unforeseen conditions requiring additional work and expenditure of contingency fund; determine best plan of action with input from design team; review contractor’s change order pricing
- Review design and construction payment requisitions.
- Performs other related duties, as required, or assigned.
APPLY HERE: https://jobs.smartrecruiters.c…