Construction Administration Architect
Strada, a multi-disciplinary design firm, is seeking Construction Project Manager for our studios in Pittsburgh and Philadelphia.
Our cross-disciplinary approach to design is immersive, human-centric, and diverse. We actively leverage the expertise and talents from the variety of disciplines within our three studios to achieve exceptional results for our clients. Candidates should be willing to contribute to the design process. We look for individuals who are talented and passionate about their work, and we help you cultivate your talents as part of our team.
We are seeking Construction Project Manager with a strong and matured capability within the commercial construction industry interested in working with an award-winning firm. Position requires experience with an architectural design firm or with a general contractor or a construction management company engaged in similar project types as designed by Strada, such as higher education, science and technology, corporate office, hospitality, and multi-family. We would love to know about your other life interests, hobbies, passions, and talents as we find these attributes enrich Strada’s culture.
- Manage construction administration services
- Collaborate with project teams to evaluate constructability of project designs
- Manage RFIs, submittals, payment applications.
- Engage in onsite construction observation, communicating progress and concerns with client and project team
- Resolve construction conflicts with design team, contractor, and owner
- Facilitate changes in the Work with design team, contractor, and owner
- Verify the quality of the Work
- Communicate lessons learned with the design team
Required Skills and Abilities
- A command of construction administration services
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in large commercial project construction administration
- A working knowledge of liabilities, risks, and responsibilities
- Good judgment skills with the ability to make informed decisions
- A facility for working in software for construction monitoring, scheduling, and inspection
- Ability to think creatively and strategically
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A working knowledge of construction delivery methods
- A degree in construction management, architecture, architectural engineering, or a related field is preferred, but not required
- Experience with sustainable / LEED-certified projects a plus
Strada is a place unlike any other. It is a place where you will solve diverse, complex challenges alongside thoughtful and talented individuals who lead with curiosity and empathy. We work hard, and we intentionally craft moments that help our team to pause, create, and connect. We respect work-life balance, promote design engagement, and encourage you to follow your passions.
Learn more about Strada and our culture at stradallc.com. To apply, please submit a letter of interest, resume, and representative list of projects, include project type, dollar size, delivery method and constructor. Please email one PDF containing all application materials to email@example.com.
We offer generous medical insurance benefits, 401(k), annual profit sharing bonus, hybrid work schedule, and highly competitive salary.