We’ve made a lot of progress since opening the doors in 1942, but one thing has never changed – our commitment to serve, heal, lead, educate, and innovate. We believe that every award earned, every record broken and every patient helped is because of the dedicated employees who fill our hallways.
At Ochsner, whether you work with patients every day or support those who do, you are making a difference and that matters. Come make a difference at Ochsner Health System and discover your future today!
The Construction Manager coordinates Facilities Development and company-wide efforts on design and construction projects, on time and within budget. The Manager functions with a high level of independence and visibility regularly interfacing with clinical and support divisions.
- Develops and Manages Project Managers (Architects and Engineers).
- Consults with Architects and Engineers to understand and validate construction requirements.
- Develops and tracks the construction project plan, schedule and budget.
- Manages documentation of all design and construction activities, delegating as needed.
- Takes ownership of the user, consultant and contractor relationships.
- Reviews all project related proposals and invoices for accuracy and approvals. Reviews monthly Pay Applications by Contractor.
- Prepares monthly job status reports relative to budget/project status as needed.
- Seeks continual professional development.
- Required – Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Architecture
- Required – 10 years relevant work experience and project management experience
- Preferred –Leadership or supervisory experience
- Required- Registered Architect in the State of Louisiana or Licensed Engineer
Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Must have computer skills and dexterity required for data entry and retrieval of information.
- Proficiency with computer software: Microsoft Office, AutoCAD and Revit
- Ability to work under stressful situations and manage multiple priorities and projects with frequent changes in priorities and project interruptions
- Ability to Mentor team members and develop subject matter experts
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Must be proficient with Windows-style applications, various software packages specific to role and keyboard.
- Well-developed oral, written and telephone communication skills
- Effectively build and maintain departmental resources and lead multiple project teams simultaneously from programming through construction and user move-in
Ochsner is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Questions? Contact Scott.Naccari@ochsner.org