At SOM, we are a collective committed to shaping a better future for our clients, communities and planet. We aspire to create the most sustainable, impactful work through creative, interdisciplinary teams with all the resources and diversity of a global firm. We value those who are passionate about excellence, innovation, integrity, inclusivity, and collaboration. Together we can achieve great things.
Success at SOM Means
- Ideas: We believe in a meritocracy of ideas. We look to everyone to actively contribute to the discourse in the firm.
- Knowledge: We believe that expertise is the result of lifelong learning. We are not expected to know everything, but rather to passionately pursue answers, develop new skills and deepen our knowledge.
- Product: We strive for excellence in the concept, quality, and delivery of our work.
- Individual: We value individuals who bring the highest standards of professionalism and personal integrity in the way they work. Each person can develop and contribute their wealth of attributes, skills and knowledge to support the overall health of the firm.
- Team: We value the power of interdisciplinary integration. A positive team culture in which everyone collaborates openly towards common goals is essential.
- Firm: We have a history of making transformative contributions to the profession and our communities. We are constantly innovating and attempting to bring new approaches, solutions and processes to our work.
- Responsible for creating proactive communications programs and thought leadership content in support of SOM’s communications and client development strategies.
- Consistently seeks out new strategic opportunities to showcase our people and expertise in client-focused media outlets.
- Creates and executes ideas for client events, articles and speaking engagements that highlight our knowledge on topics important to our clients and positions the firm as a thought leader.
- Takes an integrated approach to communications planning and implementation. Leverages all applicable communications channels to disseminate content.
- Leads the creative development and writing of editorial projects.
- Writes and edits effective communications materials, articles and white papers, research reports, news releases, web features, social media posts, internal communication pieces, award submittals and presentations.
- Identifies story trends across practice groups and encourages integrated storytelling.
- Maintains strong relationships with key media and client-focused professional associations.
- Oversees communications with the media. Counsels spokespeople and conducts interview preparation.
- Coordinates with the Sr. Marketing Manager to ensure that the communications team works in tandem with marketing colleagues, in a supportive and collaborative manner.
- Collaborative approach to working with leadership, designers, clients and external parties to share SOM’s story.
- Conducts qualitative and quantitative analysis of communications programs and creates compelling reports.
- Coordinates with SOM Visual for photography requirements for the London office.
- Coordinates and collaborates with the broader SOM network and Firmwide Marketing/communications team.
- Leads and develops a communications team of two.
- Performs other tasks and responsibilities as may be required.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism or related field
- 5 years of experience as a communications/public relations manager within the architecture, engineering, design or commercial development industries or equivalent knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Agency or journalism experience is of interest
- Proven track record of securing noteworthy media placements
- Familiar with the issues and business drivers associated with the design and development of buildings, communities and interiors
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills. Natural storyteller.
- Proactive, detail-oriented and committed to achieving tangible results.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google, Adobe InDesign and Photoshop
Are you ready to join a team of creative professionals working on transformational projects around the world? Take advantage of this exciting opportunity to build a better future with SOM.
Health and Wellness: Medical, dental, vision, disability, and life & accident insurance
Savings: 401K matching, pre-tax spending accounts, and employee discount programs
Work/Life Balance: Hybrid/Flexible schedules, paid family leave, paid vacation, backup child and elder care, and an employee assistance program
Professional Development: Reimbursement for professional licenses, associated renewals, and exam fees as well as specialized in-house career development
Compensation for this role is based upon experience, qualifications, location, and education and typically ranges from $90,000 to $125,000.
Our creative, interdisciplinary teams work like small, dynamic studios, with all the resources and diversity of a global firm. Here, you’ll collaborate with industry experts on some of the most exciting and transformative architecture, engineering, and planning projects in the world.
We believe an inclusive environment improves our teams, our firm, and our communities and are passionate about Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. Our DEI Action Plan was created to bring meaningful change to our profession, starting with our own culture and practices.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Visit this page to learn more about SOM’s employment policy as well as additional information such as a privacy notice for California residents and how to apply offline.
For more about SOM: www.som.com