Working under the Managing Partner and with an internal and external marketing team, the Communications Coordinator will help to scale marketing, business development and public relations efforts. The position will support existing efforts and have the opportunity to help shape systems and strategy for the growing firm. The ideal candidate will not only be an excellent communicator across channels but will also share in the vision of reshaping the practice of architecture and the importance of storytelling to that end.
- Collaborate with the Managing Partner, Communication Consultant, and internal team on communications strategy and execution, including internal and external marketing, PR, and business development
- Coordinate and build content for Modellus Novus-owned channels such as website and social media, working closely with external social strategist
- Document and continually refine procedures related to marketing asset production and organization
- Maintain business development pipeline, assisting in identifying and tracking potential partnerships
- Manage award and RFP submissions to help scale the business, working closely with senior leadership and the full team
- Assist in the development of all written communications material
- Provide ongoing graphic design support for marketing and business development
- Maintain and update the CRM and marketing asset archive
- Track press coverage and coordinate with Comms team and publicist to ideate new opportunities
- Facilitate press photo shoots
- Experience in a creative agency, with an interest in architecture’s role in shaping culture
- Approaches business with care and compassion with focus on accountability and results
- Values relationships with team members, clients and vendors
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills, creative and willing to take initiative and work independently
- Detail-oriented, with a strong ability to coordinate with partners (both internal and external) to drive forward projects
- Ability to multitask
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Proficient in Google Workspace and Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, with Airtable a plus
- 1-3 year work experience as a marketing professional at a creative agency
- Self-starter and problem solver
- Has a team ethos and loves working with people
- Precise and meticulous
- Strong desire to participate in setting MN marketing standards, and growing the department during a period of growth
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, or related field, and/or demonstrable marketing experience in an architecture-related field
Competitive local salary, based on experience, skill and ability. Participation in office benefits program, including:
- Healthcare plans, partially covered by MN
- Dental and Vision plans, fully covered by MN
- Commuter benefits
- Annual bonuses
- Paid time off
- Summer Fridays
- Family paid leave
- Professional development
- Quarterly lunches with management
- Quarterly team updates
- Team interest groups
- Monthly and quarterly team events
- Annual team offsite retreat
- Growth trajectory for high performers
- Strict no asshole rule
MN is an architecture firm creating spaces that shape and define culture. Our New York City-based team is led by individuals united not only by our diverse backgrounds and perspectives but an optimistic commitment to designing spaces for the many.
MN seeks to redefine access to exceptional design. From the most public cultural institutions to private homes, our work prioritizes the experience of all users of a space. These excellent experiences are driven by precise, pragmatic and daring decisions — regardless of project size or type.
Diverse perspectives are pivotal to our work, and we partner with clients who share our belief that great design should not be elusive nor exclusive. For us, architecture is a collaborative effort between those who create and those who experience. We design for where those moments meet.
MN is an equal opportunity employer.
Please submit a resume and any relevant work samples or portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. There may be a number of open positions at the time of your application. Clearly identify the position you are seeking in the email subject line.