The best integrated design firm in the world has an opening for a creative, innovative, and customer focused Client Leader in our K-12 and Higher Education Sectors.
We are an integrated design firm with a promise to elevate the human experience through design. This fuels the work we do around the world and inspires our mission to improve the lives of our clients, our communities, and our planet. If this sparks your interest, you’re in the right place.
- San Francisco, CA or Sacramento, CA
- We operate within a hybrid work model, supporting flexibility between office time and work from home.
As a Client Leader at DLR Group you will be responsible for leading client engagement from marketing through the construction phase for our K-12 Sector in California. As a part of an integrated design team, you will participate in the creation of buildings that elevate the human experience through design. If you are a collaborative thoughtful leader with a strategic mindset this might be the position for you. DLR Group is 100% employee owned and as such you’ll enjoy the opportunity to have ownership in the Firm. We rely on all our employee-owners to apply their creative and financial acumen to grow the Firm culture and profitably.
You’ll be responsible for managing and leading contract negotiations and educating the client on our design process. In addition, you’ll partner with project managers to ensure the financial health and successful execution of projects and maintain close contact with clients during the duration of their project.
The successful candidate will:
- Have an appreciation and passion for leading an integrated design team.
- Have a comprehensive understanding of the coordination aspects and related requirements of all design disciplines.
- Possess good written and verbal communication skills coupled with strong organizational skills.
- Be a growth agent to the K-12 and Higher Ed Sectors in collaboration with other Education leaders and business development professionals.
- Ensure all DLR Group practice standards are followed during the duration of the project.
- Collaborate with the Project Manager to develop and adhere to the project work plan and schedule.
- Lead the contract negotiations and approve all contract changes.
- Ensure timely processing of invoices and engage client for prompt payment.
- Mentor team members and participate in hiring, training, and onboarding of new staff.
- Participate in in-house training activities to further develop your skills and abilities.
- Demonstrated experience in a client facing role for multiple K-12 or Higher Education projects.
- 12+ years of experience as a Project Manager or Client Leader.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture.
- Licensed Architect in California
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without need for work visa or residency sponsorship
DLR Group is an integrated design firm delivering architecture, engineering, interiors, planning, and building optimization for new builds, renovations, and adaptive reuse projects.
We are 100% employee-owned: every employee is literally invested in our clients’ success. At the core of our firm are interdisciplinary teams engaged in every step of project lifecycles. Our teams champion true collaboration, open information sharing, shared risk and reward, value-based decision making, and proficient use of technology to deliver exceptional design. We are pursuing the goals of the 2030 Challenge, the ME2040, and the SE2050, and are an initial signatory of the China Accord and the AIA 2030 Commitment.
Our comprehensive Benefits at DLR Group include: medical, dental, vision, disability, wellness programs, flex spending, paid holidays, and paid time off. We also offer a 401k, employee stock ownership, and bonus opportunities. Compensation considerations are based on location, experience, and skills. The potential pay range for this role is $135,000-200,000.
Through our values – commitment, creativity, environmental stewardship, fun, integrity, ownership, sharing, teamwork – we elevate the human experience through design, together.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V