Morphosis Architects, an international architecture and design firm, is seeking a Carpenter for immediate availability in its Culver City, California office. The position involves working with a fabrication team to build wood sculptures, furniture, and perform light construction tasks. This position is not remote and requires daily reporting to a Senior Associate in the Culver City office.
Ideal candidates will:
- Have an interest in high quality carpentry and construction
- Work as a team-player with a no-nonsense hands-on approach
- Have skills in finish carpentry with hardwoods such as Walnut, Oak, Maple, Etc.
- Be able to lift 50lbs
- Be organized, motivated, and detail oriented
- Be fluent in spoken and written English
- Work with a team to create large hardwood sculptures
- Work with a team to perform light construction duties including framing, drywall, and painting
- Glue, cut, sand, and process hardwoods for CNC machining
- Clean and maintain the fabrication shop equipment including Kuka Milling Robot, 3D printers, CNC router, laser cutter, welder, saws, and other shop tools
- Comply with all shop safety protocol
Please submit a single PDF of your completed application including cover letter, CV, references, and built work samples to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line of e-mail should read ‘Carpenter First Name Last Name’. We may not respond to all submissions. No phone calls or office visits.