Smith & Brown is the specialist joinery division of Size Group, providing us with an in-house capability to design, manufacture and install the highest quality joinery, cabinetry and one-off pieces of furniture to some of the most exclusive residences around the world. Based in North London, 25 minutes from the heart of London.
We have a friendly and creative showroom, design studio and manufacturing facilities. All our designers, makers and installers are directly employed, and we place a huge emphasis on training our own people in-house. Apprenticeships and our graduate scheme are key components of that vision
NEW VACANCY: CAD Technician
Job Type: Full Time
Location: North London
Salary: Negotiable on experience
Start date: January 2019
We are looking for a CAD Technician to join our passionate team in North London. We have secured contracts around the world which have further increased the demand CAD Designers and Technicians to convert our customer’s ideas into working 2&3D drawings for client approval and workshop manufacture.
Day-to-day tasks will include:
- Producing concept renders on Sketchup
- Working in conjunction with our workshop team and other sub-contractors to produce highly detailed manufacturing drawings.
- Producing accurate Solidworks models to be processed by our programmers and machined on our CNC prior to manufacture.
The ideal candidate would possess the following qualities and experience:
- Must be experienced with SolidWorks. Any Solidworks qualifications, such as CSWP, are beneficial but not necessary. Additionally, any experience with CNC interface is advantageous, particularly AlphaCAM.
- Ability to work on own initiative, to tight and often demanding deadlines, without compromising on quality.
- Organised, methodical and tidy.
For a confidential discussion, please email – email@example.com