Patterns is an award-winning architectural firm based in Los Angeles and we are seeking a dynamic and driven individual to join our team as a Business Development / Marketing Director. In this position, you will play a key role in pushing forward the growth and continued success of our firm by leading strategic business development initiatives to the procurement of new projects and implementing innovative marketing and publicity strategies to present the company’s ethos to a broader audience both nationally and internationally.
We are looking for a motivated self-starter who has confidence in taking on tasks and anticipating potential needs. Candidates should be open-minded individuals who are comfortable working alongside our small and collaborative team and possess an entrepreneurial mindset to develop the prospects of Patterns in Los Angeles and the World.
- Develop and execute comprehensive business development plans to identify and pursue new opportunities for growth and expansion in the Los Angeles & US market.
- Experience in international markets such as Southeast Asia and the Middle East is a plus.
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with clients, industry partners, and stakeholders to foster collaboration and drive business outcomes.
- Led the development and implementation of strategic marketing and publicity campaigns to enhance the visibility and reputation of Patterns Architects within a local and global architectural community.
- Conduct market research and analysis to identify emerging trends, potential clients, and competitive positioning specific to the Los Angeles region.
- Collaborate with the design team to develop compelling proposals and presentations for new projects, ensuring alignment with client requirements and the firm’s design ethos.
- Oversee the creation of marketing materials, including brochures, presentations, website content, and social media campaigns, to effectively communicate Pattern’s unique value proposition.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Urbanism, Urban Planning, Landscape Architecture, or related study within the built environment
- 1-3 years of professional experience in the building industry
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to build and maintain relationships with clients and industry professionals.
- Familiarity with pre-qualification processes and documents (EOIs, RFQs, RFPs, RFIs, etc);
- A knowledge of Spanish is desired, but not necessary.
- Proven experience in business development and marketing within the architecture or design industry, with a track record of successfully securing new business opportunities.
- Strong understanding of the architectural and design market, industry trends, and client needs.
- Exceptional leadership abilities and a strategic mindset, with the capability to drive business growth and achieve targets.
- Proficiency in marketing strategies, including digital marketing, social media, branding, and content creation.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
Join us at Patterns and be part of our mission to create transformative architectural experiences that shape communities and inspire the public. With our critical and progressive approach, we emphasize the cultural and social relevance of architectural form and contemporary aesthetics. You’ll have opportunities for growth and a competitive salary, contributing to meaningful projects within our dynamic and collaborative team. Let’s push boundaries, challenge conventions, and make a lasting impact on the built environment together!
To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter, and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Business Development / Marketing Director Application – [Your Name]” in the email subject line. Patterns is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and inclusion in our workforce and encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to treat all employees and applicants equally, regardless of gender or marital status, color, nationality or ethnic origin, religion or religious belief, sexual orientation, disability, or age.