Do you have 2+ years of experience in the design and construction of building envelopes? Are you looking to grow into a Project Manager role on exciting innovative projects? We are looking for a motivated individual who is interested in broadening their involvement within the full range of envelope consulting services including roofing & waterproofing on impactful projects, both new construction and renovation.
- Work closely with senior staff in the development, detailing, and analysis of a variety of facade and waterproofing systems
- Interface directly with the client, external design team, consultants, and construction teams during all project phases.
- Analyze envelope performance through modeling.
- Write Specifications.
- Review contractor proposal and shop drawings.
- Witness laboratory performance testing.
- Perform and report on project site observations and field testing.
- Expand firm’s shared knowledge through internal Research & Development.
- Develop office technical resources, such as commonly used details and performance memos.
- Regular domestic and/or international travel for factory inspections and testing.
- Training will be provided as needed to supplement previous expertise to achieve full expertise, concept through construction, and advancement.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience in a professional architecture or engineering firm, or as an application engineer / system designer for a facade contractor.
- Knowledge of facade design over a range of system types.
- Experience in roofing and waterproofing including design and construction of various systems and assemblies.
- Familiarity with ASTM standards, NRCA details, drainage strategies, and leak mitigation strategies is also preferred.
- Experience in historic preservation or restoration.
- Experience with design and inspection of masonry.
- Excellent communication, drawing, writing, and interpersonal skills.
- Design and detail oriented, patient, and flexible.
- Confident communicating through both hand sketches and digital modeling.
- Interest in working in the field, observing project installation on construction sites.
- Flexibility to travel domestically and internationally.
- Proficient with AutoCAD, Revit, and 3D visualization software.
- Professional degree in Architecture or Engineering.
- Authorization to work in U.S. is required.
- COVID-19 vaccination and booster(s) are required.
Starting salary range: $68,000 – 80,000
At Heintges we are focused on cultivating a supportive office environment of positivity, respect, professionalism, free sharing of information, and good work-life balance. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision insurance, PTO, 401K, profit-sharing, reimbursement for licensing, continuing education, cell phone, and more.