Schiller Projects is seeking an experienced BIM Specialist & Manager who is interested in working on a diverse range of projects within our growing NYC team. The chosen candidate will be highly committed to developing work of the highest quality in a self-motivated but collaborative manner, with an innate desire to perpetually learn and grow.
This role will be primarily focused around:
- Work with and report daily to Project Lead / Senior Architect
- Lead efforts in improving and implementing BIM standards throughout the studio
- Draft comprehensive drawing sets from concept through construction documents utilizing BIM on an expert level
- Generate detailed 3D models to develop all aspects throughout the changing design process
- Proficient knowledge in 3D detailing and fabrication
- Proficiency in Rhino and parametric modeling via Grasshopper
- Research capabilities for developing new build techniques not explored by the studio
- Maintain files including drawings, documents, specifications, correspondence and all other project materials in an organized manner following filing protocols
- Work closely with the interdisciplinary team of designers, Architects and studio head to develop new ideas and execute business objectives
- Excellent communication skills in English (spoken and written)
- Significant contributions to an extremely well documented and coordinated drawing set
- Proficiency in Revit, Rhino with Grasshopper, and Adobe Suite are mandatory
- Visualization skills including 3D rendering via Enscape for Revit, Vray for Revit, Vray for Rhino, or equivalent software
- Understanding of materials and construction techniques
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work on multiple, fast paced projects simultaneously
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Architecture or related field.
- 6-10 years of experience in BIM software and implementation of BIM strategies
- Candidates must be a US citizen or hold a US work visa and must be authorized to work in the US
Please submit one pdf document no more than 10MB that includes a brief cover letter, examples of your work & a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. The cover letter should be brief and tell us what excites you about this opportunity. Please put “BIM Specialist / Manager” in the subject line.
We are currently unable to sponsor international candidates who require additional legal authorization to work in the United States.