Kohn Pedersen Fox Associates (KPF), an international architecture practice headquartered in New York City, is seeking an entry level BIM Practice Specialist in New York to assist and support the integration of BIM related technologies with KPF’s design and business processes. This position requires previous professional experience with BIM technologies – i.e. Revit, Dynamo, Navisworks, etc. – and their application to the design, construction and fabrication phases of large, global and complex projects. The candidate should have between 2-5 years of architectural professional experience with strong project documentation skills.
We seek an individual with expertise and interest in all aspects of AEC design technologies, and with aspirations to be leaders in the industry. The position involves direct interaction and communication with architectural teams, including leading training sessions and best practice implementation. Periodic interaction with senior KPF staff and clients in all aspects of BIM integration will be expected.
Collaboration with offices in London, Hong Kong and Shanghai is also an important aspect of the position.
• Maintain and support users of Autodesk Revit, Dynamo and related tools as a part of the wider New York / global Digital Practice team.
• Work closely with the Senior BIM Practice Specialist/BIM Manager on assigned projects.
• Provide regular guidance to project teams as relates to BIM production.
• Respond to BIM software‐related Help Desk requests in a clear and timely fashion.
• Ensure project teams meet clients’ BIM requirements and delivery standards.
• Perform setup of new BIM projects – base Revit files, shared coordinate systems, linked model structures, etc.
• Assist with monitoring and enforcing KPF BIM standards, best practices, project directory structures and filename standards.
• Perform audits to ensure health of the BIM model throughout the project cycle.
• Interface with software support engineers to quickly resolve more complex problems.
• Help teams to prepare information for sharing and collaboration.
• Assist with integration of cloud based collaborative technologies as well as other emerging trends and tools.
• Acts as leader and mentor by coaching and motivating project team members in the use of advanced Revit technologies.
• Maintains current knowledge of design software, industry developments in integrated practice, and other applicable techniques.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, or related field
• 2+ years in Revit project deployment – professional and/or specific academic BIM application
Required Knowledge and Abilities
• Proficiency in Revit modeling, documentation and creative solutions
• Experience with complex geometry/modeling including Revit adaptive components, interoperability workflows and Rhino.Inside Revit is a plus
• Experience with modeling applications preferred: Rhino, Visual Programming (Grasshopper/Dynamo), 3Ds Max and V-Ray, or Scripting Languages (i.e. Python, C#, C++, etc.) is a plus