The CAD/ BIM Modeler will be involved in developing detailed models and construction documents related to the structural engineering discipline. Responsibilities include:
- Developing detailed design drawings using Revit and AutoCAD software.
- Using Rhino/Grasshopper throughout the design phases to model structural elements as part of the structural deliverable.
- Working with fellow CAD/ BIM Modelers in a supportive role on projects.
- Modifying drawings and 3D modeled elements based on Interpreted engineer’s markups.
- Collaborating with structural engineers to layout and detail components and structural systems.
- Excellent knowledge of Revit, Rhino, Grasshopper and AutoCAD software.
- Strong attention to detail with emphasis on organization.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office applications.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment using technical knowledge.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to coordinate with others.
- Strong organizational skills and effective written/verbal communication skills including the ability to obtain clarifications in uncertain situations to insure correct and efficient execution of tasks.
- Degree in an AEC-related discipline and knowledge of Rhino, Grasshopper, Dynamo and/or Tekla preferred.
LERA offers a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurances, a 401K profit sharing plan, paid vacation and sick leave, and flexible working hours. LERA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
LERA is a 130-person, award winning, structural engineering firm providing design services for architects, developers, contractors and owners. Established in 1923, we have designed numerous landmark projects, both nationally and internationally. Our long tradition of innovative design has brought us to the forefront of the structural engineering profession. Headquartered in New York City, LERA also operates branch offices in Mumbai, India, Shanghai, China and Hong Kong.