Gustafson Porter + Bowman is looking for a BIM coordinator with three-plus years professional experience to join its team in Camden Town, London.
We are an award-winning leading landscape architecture practice which has received public acclaim for creating engaging and beautiful spaces around the world.
The successful candidate will play a key role in our practice, as we continue to grow our UK and international reach, and to promote the awareness of high-quality contextual landscape architecture in the natural and built environments. They will work in close collaboration with the wider design teams on project coordination and support the senior team with BIM management activities. Our BIM project information management is based on the guidance of the ISO19650:2018 1 and 2, to which we are fully accredited.
This role is suitable for a landscape architect or architect with a proven interest in landscape.
- an experienced BIM user, leading implementation of BIM protocol on all BIM projects
- set-up files following BEP
- determine need for individual project BIM conventions and ensure conventions are implemented by the team
- assist team in coordinating BIM responsibilities
- manage spatial coordination and modelling on behalf of team
- direct the design and/or technical side of small projects
- administrate access to internal CDE and membership team where CDE is used by multiple teams
- coordinate directly with clients, sub-contractors and in-house personnel to complete assigned tasks
- manage presentation and report development for clients
- induct new staff on GP+B standards and the project specific conventions
- direct and train assistant landscape architects/architects
- assist senior members of staff with effective project management
Skills and experience:
- degree in landscape architecture, architecture or similar as appropriate to the role
- proficient in BIM related software, particularly REVIT and BIM360
- experienced with BS EN ISO 19650 accreditation requirements
- able to use landscape-related software and corporate software applications to a very high standard, including AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, Grasshopper and Rhino
- knowledge of relevant health and safety, CDM and risk assessments
- good English language skills, both written and oral
- able to deliver effective presentations and hold one’s own in meetings
- confidence liaising with clients, contractors and other professionals
- professional conduct in all working practices
- commitment to equality and diversity in all working practices
Closing date for applications: Friday 19 January 2024
Start date: ASAP
Salary: dependent on experience
Gustafson Porter + Bowman is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive team and welcome and encourage applications from all sections of the community. No person shall receive less favourable treatment or consideration on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, nationality, ethnic origin, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
No agencies please.
Please note we are only able to respond to shortlisted candidates.