OMA is looking for a BIM Coordinator to join its global BIM & Design Technology team to lead projects in the New York office. The successful candidate will be based in the New York office and work closely with the wider BIM & DT team in Rotterdam & Hong Kong.
This dynamic role provides technical support to the studio’s architects to inform their delivery of projects using design technology authoring tools (primarily Revit).
The role is responsible for leading on and managing project BIM deliverables (primarily RVT& NWC) and BIM contract documentation.
The BIM & Design Technology team works closely with project teams to identify project-specific needs and develop and deliver data-driven design technology solutions accordingly.
Additionally, responsibilities include technical upskilling and mentoring Architects to become more efficient, productive, and familiar with the design technology strategy and workflows.
The successful candidate will integrate into project teams for extended periods, lead ad-hoc training, provide regular project-progress updates with peers, and engage with other business support departments.
The studio is a dynamic, fast-paced environment where innovative problem-solving is encouraged.
Experience and skills:
- Architecture degree or equivalent
- Three-plus years’ experience working in a US architectural design and project delivery environment, delivering complex, large-scale projects using BIM principles and deliverables as BIM Coordinator
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience with Revit, Navisworks, Rhino, and Dynamo is advantageous
- Experience in Revit API is advantageous
- Experience with data-driven approaches and analytics is advantageous
- Experience in delivering software/process training to new and existing users
- Fluent in English – spoken and written proficiency (Spanish or Japanese is a plus)
- Resilient to cope with conflicting demands, able to prioritize duties and work effectively under pressure while remaining calm and professional at all times
- Able to effectively communicate complex technical strategies to a range of people at different levels within the business
- Self-motivated with an aptitude for autonomous work and continuous development
To apply, please use our online application form to upload your motivation letter, resume, and portfolio.
OMA values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Please apply through the link attached.