Richärd Kennedy Architects is an award-winning studio-based firm that focuses on positively impacting people’s lives through the craft of architecture. Since the firm’s origin in 1996, public buildings have been an essential part of our work. We are a global firm with a portfolio of work that include United States embassy and consulate campuses, higher education and academic research laboratories, public and academic libraries, and other civic opportunities. Our success in the pursuit of design excellence is evidenced by numerous local, regional, national, and international design awards including the American Institute of Architects “National Honor Award” for Architecture. The firm was recognized as an “Emerging Voice” by the Architectural League of New York, and one of the “New Vanguard” by Architectural Record. We know collaboration is the key to success in delivering important buildings that represent the ideals of a community and society.
- Participate in collaborative design process from concept through construction documents.
- Maintain project templates and RKA BIM workflow manual for all project types.
- Institute and manage in-office training sessions to increase Revit experience office wide.
- Oversee and manage the production of accurate, detailed Revit models for technical and contract documentation for construction of project(s).
- Work with consultants, specification writers, and regulatory agencies to ensure BIM models meet RKA and client standards.
- Coordinate, manage, and maintain BIM family libraries and project set up.
- Serve as the in-house resource to resolve Revit issues and to support staff in their daily use of the BIM platform.
- Maintain, update, distribute, and provide clarifications to/for the BIM Execution Plan.
- Lead and facilitate the BIM kick-off meeting with project team member modelers and explain the BIM implementation plan and management protocols.
- Lead BIM Quality Control (QC) efforts including Navisworks clash detection and proper modeling and adherence to standards.
- Regular model management administration and maintenance.
- Manage and coordinate sensitive and confidential information.
- Ensure all content used within the project is consistent with producing construction documents in adherence to production standards.
- Oversee RKA technology platforms, manage software, and hardware issues and upgrades and basic IT support as liaison to IT consultant.
Skills and Qualifications
- Industry experience required in Architecture, Engineering, or Construction – Architectural background preferred.
- 5 years of professional experience in architecture or related field.
- 5 years of experience with BIM using Revit platform – understanding of Revit programming (e.g. Dynamo) preferred.
- Knowledge of building codes, zoning, jurisdictional processes, building materials, specifications, and construction techniques.
- Must be a U.S. citizen, willing and able to obtain and maintain a secret level security clearance.