Wolcott Architecture (WA) seeks an Associate Project Manager to support the Project Management team in the overall supervision/management of projects to assure that the project conforms to the contractual agreement the firm has made to the client, and the project is completed within the allocated period of time and the budget that has been assigned
Responsibilities and Qualifications
- A minimum of 7 years of experience (both technical and supervisory) in the interiors/architectural field.
- Local to Los Angeles Metropolitan area
- Exercise broad knowledge of all aspects of architectural and interior planning, design and construction. Knowledgeable of relevant design practice and materials, and capable of preparing schematic layouts, overseeing preparation of bid and construction documents, and construction administration.
- Prepare analytic spreadsheet(s) of cost comparisons.
- Develop complex feasibility studies, programming, and space requirement analysis.
- Develop space requirement analysis for all assigned projects.
- Co-Manage the project team, including but not limited to: inform all members of the project team on the status of the project, as well as the overall design concept. Participate in performance evaluations.
- Exercise knowledge of relevant codes including IBC, ADA, Title 24 and of relevant building department jurisdictions and practices and relevant AIA documents.
- Prepare and maintain the project schedule and meeting project deadlines.
- Monitor project costs and professional design fees. Analyze and process job billing for all projects managed, as required by the company.
- Issue memoranda within 48 hours for all critical conversations and meetings concerning the project.
- Develop schematic space plans based on programming requirements as well as schematic design budgets.
- Prepare Contracts, Proposals and Work Authorizations, and of identifying assumptions, exclusions, and supplemental/additional services throughout the project.
- May occasionally be called upon to
- Prepare transmittals, brochures or other marketing materials
- Perform tasks relative to general office support
- Possess working knowledge in industry-standard word processing (MS Word), spreadsheet (MS Excel), presentation (MS PowerPoint), image editing (PhotoShop or equal), scheduling (MS Project), page layout (Illustrator or equal), e-mail (Outlook), web browser (IE or equal), and file formatting (Acrobat) programs, as well as a working knowledge of AutoCAD Architectural Desktop sufficient to communicate ideas and direct staff.
The Ideal Candidate will be
- Adept at client interaction and presentation.
- Capable of developing schematic design budgets.
- Capable of developing a set of working drawings without supervision or oversight.
- Capable of black-line hand sketching sufficient to communicate design concepts and intent.
- Basic knowledge of LEED/Sustainability design concepts and certification process.
- Annual review and evaluation for this job description will be based upon the foregoing items and:
- Profitability of projects
- New business developed
- Client satisfaction
*** Local Candidates Only Need Apply ****