At Monigle, we humanize brands to move people. As one of the largest independent brand experience companies in the country, we solve problems by putting people at the center and creating memorable moments that drive human and business impact.
Our business model starts and ends with employee happiness. Fueled by diverse passions, unique personalities, and the hunger for the most complex challenges, Monigle people unleash a culture that creates the best possible brand experiences for the world and the most fulfilling team experiences for each other. It is this special culture that unites our talented team around a shared purpose: making the world more human.
Don’t just take our word for it. Here is some data from our recent employee experience study, which we use to measure culture and engagement twice each year:
- 94% would recommend Monigle as a great place to work
- 93% are proud to work for Monigle
- 92% believe Monigle values inclusivity
- 92% feel respected at Monigle
- 90% believe Monigle values diversity
It is an exciting time at Monigle as we continue to create the happiest, most inspiring, and truly impactful company in the industry. We hope you will choose to be a part of it.
We are currently seeking an Associate Creative Director to join our rapidly expanding Environmental Experience team in the New York studio. In this role, you will create design concepts for various branded environments (physical spaces). Projects vary from corporate workplaces and exhibits to commercial and service-oriented spaces. Associate Creative Directors drive the design process, provide inspiration to the team, participate in presentations, develop final deliverables, and coordinate implementation with clients and vendors. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with a background in interior design or architectural design and an interest in branding with an emphasis on translating branding principles to environments and experiences.
In this role, you can expect:
- Drive the creation of environmental/experiential concepts that translate branding concepts and strategies into design
- Assist the Senior Creative Director with large and complex design projects by developing and managing schedules/timelines/workplans
- Facilitate internal creative reviews, provide inspiration, feedback, and direction to other designers
- Craft presentations and materials with a clear storyline (often formatted in PPT)
- Lead stakeholder meetings, workshops, and presentations
- Independently develop design intent documentation (2D and 3D drawings and visualizations, high level descriptions and specifications) and guidelines
- Specify materials and finishes, furniture, fixtures, lighting, and décor elements
- Adapt conceptual work to real world sites/locations
- Keep the team informed about trends and best practices relevant to our work and industry
- Contribute to the development of thought pieces, blog posts, social posts, etc.
- Perform design research into stakeholder requirements and user needs
- Work collaboratively with the other designers, strategists, and client experience leads
- Manage vendors, fabricators, and outside consultants
- Work across multiple projects as needed
- Contribute to proposal writing
- 7+ years of previous agency or design firm experience
- Strong design portfolio featuring interior design projects for corporate and commercial spaces
- A bachelor’s degree in interior design, environmental design, or architecture
- Must have strong design software skills (e.g., Photoshop, Illustrator, and SketchUp)
- Other production-oriented skills (e.g., ability to 3D visualize design recommendations, and produce detailed drawings in CAD)
- Expert knowledge of materials and finishes, lighting, fabrication techniques, cost considerations, etc. (more technical aspects of design)
- Excellent writing skills necessary to produce descriptions of concepts and guideline content
- Well-developed presentation skills for communicating design concepts to internal teams and clients
- Formal training in design-thinking methodology, human-centric design, or experience design is a plus
- Environmental graphic design skills are a plus
- Self-starter who can work independently and is organized
- Some travel required (<20%)
Salary range: $90,000-110,000
- Final salary will be determined based on seniority, merit, geographic location, education, training and experience – reach out to us to learn more.
Our people take care of us, so we take care of our people. Enjoy:
- Ample paid time off to recharge and reset
- 401K: traditional and Roth options, plus employer match
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental and life insurance premiums for employees
- Optional vision, life, short-term and long-term disability coverage
- Paid family leave
If you don’t meet all of the requirements for this role, but feel you have something unique to contribute to Monigle, we’d love to hear from you. Please do apply and tell us more about you in your cover letter.
Please apply directly through our careers