Lehrer Cumming is a hands-on owner advisory firm that offers strategic guidance — including project management and other related services — to owners, developers, and institutions in and around New York City, New Jersey, Boston, Washington, D.C., and Florida. Lehrer Cumming offers an environment that fosters creativity and problem-solving, and rewards team members for exceptional client service, collaboration, and a focus on continuous improvement and results. At Lehrer Cumming, we see ourselves as leading industry consultants with a reputation for extraordinary professionalism and expertise.
We are currently looking for an Assistant Project Manager to join our team focusing on design phases and preconstruction of new projects. This position will be based in New York, NY and is a great opportunity to join our team!
- Assist in the project management and oversight of the design and engineering process from concept to construction for residential, hospitality, and commercial office projects.
- Assist in the design, cost, and schedule management of the project design team to required standards of quality employing advisement, analysis, and recommendation.
- Review and develop analyses of consultant design and engineering work with rigorous evaluation of project documentation and specifications.
- Develop weekly management deliverables on project oversight, design progress reporting, tables, logs, minutes, etc.
- Report to ownership team, prepare agendas and meeting minutes, and track required follow-ups items as required.
- Assist in the preparation of presentations and interviews as needed.
- Research design innovations, prefabrication, and onsite means + methods, sustainability best practices, etc.
- Attend project owner and consultant meetings and site visits. Communicate clearly and inclusively at all levels.
- Provide support to Principals, Project Directors, and PMs as needed, including developing, reviewing, and/or maintaining logs for RFQ/RFP, RFIs, Change Orders, Invoices & Payments.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Developing knowledge and understanding of construction methods, materials, and sequences.
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Strong initiative, critical thinking, and problem-solving abilities.
- BS in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management or a closely related field is highly preferred.
- 3+ years’ of relevant experience in architecture/engineering/construction industry, preferably medium to large scale hospitality, residential, office projects.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Project; CAD or 3D software is beneficial.
- Strong working knowledge of Bluebeam, Adobe Creative Suite, and Procore or similar PMIS systems.
- Understanding of architectural, engineering, and construction drawings and specifications; and construction methods, materials and sequences.