ASSISTANT PROJECT MANAGER (APM)
Henson Architecture is an award winning Architecture firm specializing in preservation, restoration, energy retrofits, Passive House, and adaptive reuse of historic buildings with a diverse portfolio of work in and around New York City.
Our approach embodies a sensitivity to the history of existing structures while considering present-day needs. We aim to ensure that these historic buildings remain an active and functional part of our urban fabric, while ensuring compliance and optimal operations with an eye to the future.
We are seeking an Assistant Project Manager (APM) with at least 3 years of direct, relevant experience with an aptitude for problem solving and the desire for a role in a dynamic, collaborative work environment. Primary responsibilities include daily management of drawings, coordination and successful completion of sustainable preservation, restoration, and adaptive reuse projects to meet time and cost objectives and assistance to project managers and other staff. The candidate must be well versed in all facets of building envelope design and construction.
To be considered, the preferred candidate should have demonstrated abilities to:
- Survey and document existing field conditions.
- Correspond, coordinate, and collaborate with the design team and project managers.
- Assist with preparation of documents for NYC Department of Buildings and Landmarks Preservation Commission filings.
- Assist in the production of architectural plans, details, and specifications.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Adobe Suite programs, Rhino and rendering programs.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in drafting and preparation of construction documents.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Architecture required, Master’s Degree in Historic Preservation preferred.
- Certified Passive House Designer preferred but not required.
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION
Henson Architecture offers competitive compensation, a hybrid schedule and comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) retirement plan with company match, health insurance, dental/vision coverage with life insurance, annual bonus, PTO and assistance with excellent professional development programs.
We hire carefully for the long term. Compensation commensurate with skills, background, and experience, with an estimated range of $60k – $80k per year.
We are seeking individuals who thrive in a team-oriented environment. A spirit of collaboration is encouraged as we share projects, confront challenges and celebrate triumphs. Professional development in architectural, preservation and sustainable design professional groups is encouraged, as is public service and office-sanctioned field trips. We encourage open communication and the camaraderie that develops when sharing design initiatives and socially responsible activities.
Please fill out the form below AND email to email@example.com. Include a resume, cover letter and selected work samples (under 8mb). Applicants selected for an interview will be asked to present their full portfolios and references.