About Hutker Architects, Inc. (HA):
Hutker Architects is a dynamic firm of 70 professionals who share a passion for design, a commitment to excellence, and a common belief that good residential design can improve the quality of life for inhabitants and enrich the communities in which they live.
At HA, you can expect to develop meaningful design solutions, work with the latest technologies and sustainable materials, and collaborate with some of the brightest and most talented design professionals. We work every day with interesting, dynamic clients looking to make the most of some spectacular properties. Ongoing education programs provide ample opportunity for mentoring and professional development.
We are currently seeking a full-time Project Manager with 10+ years of previous residential project management experience. This position will lead projects, report to the studio leadership, and manage intermediate and junior designers. The ideal candidate will have thorough architectural training, although they do not need to be licensed. This person will have the opportunity to work directly with our Founding Partner as well as other Principals and be involved in both decision-making and client interface. The ideal candidate must have strong leadership and project management skills, demonstrated business development success, and confident presentation skills.
Great opportunity for a highly motivated and well-rounded designer seeking responsibility with challenging projects in a creative work environment to work with a growing and talented team.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for overall project performance and profitability; including accuracy and timeliness of invoicing and overall project budget tracking.
- Excellent technical knowledge and managerial skills and is able to plan, direct and monitor all aspects of several projects concurrently.
- Demonstrated passion for design with proven design strengths in custom residential design; integrating innovative design solutions with client’s requirements.
- Proficiency in the concepts, practices, technologies and procedures of wood frame construction.
- Provides leadership to the project team; offering a direct commitment to mentoring staff to develop and/or strengthen applicable skill sets.
- Prepares staffing estimates and execution plans for new projects and scope of work.
- Ability to delegate and coordinate project responsibilities among team members and be recognized as a resource for design, document management and coordination
- Oversee the development of construction documents, maintaining quality control, through check set reviews, maintaining code compliance and an intuitive focus on the risk management of projects.
- Ensure effective lines of communication during project life cycle providing meeting minutes, documentation and pricing information to client, contractors and internal partners
- Establish deadlines, develop project schedules and monitor projects through to timely completion.
- This is an in-office position in our Falmouth, MA location.
- Professional Degree (B. Arch or M. Arch)
- 10+ years of architectural experience having obtained 5+ years at a senior project management and design level.
- Strong residential design and construction administration experience preferably with existing knowledge of Massachusetts state building code compliance.
- Design team leader with advanced experience in design and project management.
- Extensive experience with budgeting, invoice approval and all financial aspects of Architecture.
- Strong organizational skills with and eye for detail coupled with strong decision making abilities.
- Collaborative spirit with a strong desire to contribute to the technical and professional development of the firm
- Intensive knowledge of AutoCAD and Adobe suite, Revit preferred.
Interested qualified candidates can send their resume and work portfolio link or PDF to email@example.com with “Project Manager” in the subject line. Applications without work samples/portfolio are not eligible for further consideration. Please no phone calls and/or office visits. You will receive a response by e-mail if we would like to schedule an interview.