Marson Rathbone Taylor Architects is hiring an architectural technologist/technician to join its team in Stratford on Avon, UK.
The architectural technologist/technician role is to assist with the design and effective technical delivery of architectural projects within the practice through the ability to communicate with professional colleagues, clients and contractors, and preparing construction drawings, specifications and to coordinate the work of other consultants and sub-consultants.
The salary depends on experience.
The role is:
- a full time position working 37.5 hours a week over five days from Monday to Friday, with some flexi time possible by agreement
- office- based
- reporting directly to the associates and partners
- managing project workloads to meet various deadlines and programmes
- assist with the preparation of planning drawings and submission of planning applications
- producing detailed drawings and specifications for building regulations applications, tendering and construction purposes to meet agreed cost, quality and time parameters
- collaborating with and coordinating the work of consultants and contractors
- attending regular meetings with clients, contractors and other specialists
- carrying out site inspections and attending site to check on progress and to ensure the works are being constructed in accordance with contract documents
- liaising with contractors to resolve design and technical matters during the construction phase
- supporting the work of architects and architectural assistants within the practice
- carry out administrative tasks as required in order to comply with practice management systems
- any other reasonable duties as required
Qualification, skills and experience requirements
- at least three years post-qualification experience as an architectural technologist/technician with a proven track record working in a similar design environment
- a degree in architectural technology or equivalent qualification
- excellent communication, interpersonal, organisational and time-management skills
- excellent IT skills, including Microsoft Office and proficiency using AutoCAD and Revit
- a team player as well as able to self-motivate and work autonomously using own initiative
- a good eye for detail and a strong technical ability in all forms of construction and the ability to solve technical problems
- the ability to work within financial budgets and meet deadlines
- detailed knowledge and understanding of the UK building regulations
- knowledge and understanding CDM Regulations 2015
- a willingness to contribute to a positive upbeat practice culture and assisting other members with technical aspects and sharing knowledge and experience
- a commitment to CPD and keeping abreast of new developments in the theory and practice of design and construction and of developing legislation
- fully chartered or working towards MCIAT accreditation
- experience using NBS building specification software
- experience using Adobe software
- job running experience and familiarity with JCT standard forms of contract and contract administration procedures
- full, preferably clean, driving licence
The position provides the opportunity for the right candidate to grow with the company with the potential for increased responsibility and remuneration.
Please apply via the apply for job button below.