The Yazdani Studio of CannonDesign is a laboratory for exploration and experimentation in architecture. Established upon the reputation and leadership of award-winning designer Mehrdad Yazdani, the studio leverages the best attributes of a small design studio with the resources and reach of our global practice.
The studio includes a diverse team of architects, designers, 3-D artists, technical specialists, and creative thinkers entirely committed to pushing the boundaries of design – from the application of radically new technologies to refining concepts of sustainability and urban initiatives.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This intermediate architectural technical designer will be a member of the multidisciplinary team at Yazdani Studio. Under the direction of a project architect and project leadership, you will be a collaborative member of our design team, assisting the development of ideas that advance our design agenda from conceptual through the technical aspects of our practice.
- Independently contribute to design, production, and coordination work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Assist in coordination of engineering systems with consultants; actively partner with Design Leadership to carry through design intent; and coordinate with all team members.
- Communicate project status, design intent, construction updates, and other critical information in a clear and compelling way to the owner(s), consultants, and clients.
- Facilitate integration of performance-based and sustainable design strategies into design solution whenever possible.
- Create a stimulating and rewarding environment that promotes design and technical excellence.
- Monitor the technical quality of the projects by enforcing the QA/QC process while ensuring all statutory requirements for the project are achieved.
- Supervise, monitor, train and directly work with interns and less experienced team members.
- Perform field site observations. Field site visits frequently require a physical walk-through of site.
- Take a leadership role within the project team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture required.
- Master of Architecture from an accredited program preferred.
- Strong creative design portfolio is essential as are technical knowledge, strong verbal and written communication skills, teamwork, organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects.
- Minimum 7 years of related professional experience.
- Architectural Registration in the United States preferred.
- LEED accreditation preferred.
- Knowledge of building codes and requirements.
- Proficiency in Revit, Rhino, and Adobe Suite.
LIFE AT YAZDANI STUDIO
Yazdani Studio of CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at Yazdani Studio of CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.
As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
HOW TO APPLY
Portfolios must be submitted for all design positions
Applications without work samples will not be reviewed. Portfolios should be one PDF attachment, 10-20 pages, maximum 10 MB. Submit your portfolio and resume with a short introduction of yourself.