Are you looking for a fast-paced, dedicated, and professional team to work with on complex architecture projects in the aviation field? Rivers & Christian is a boutique architecture firm specializing in aviation projects, and we are looking for enthusiastic professionals to join our team.
At R&C, we’re experts in providing architectural services to the aviation industry – we have over forty years of experience and presence in every major airport in California, and the extensive portfolio of commercial project clients to back up our reputation. Our projects are fast-paced, challenging, and highly rewarding. Some of our current projects include long-range terminal master planning, major terminal renovation and expansion, as well as ground-up general aviation facilities.
- Perform analysis of design, planning and occupancy studies, and design layouts.
- Possess high-level problem-solving skills and demonstrate ability to analyze data, identify solutions, and make recommendations for project decisions.
- Independently apply advanced architectural concepts and develop designs. Carry out complex or novel assignments requiring the development of new or improved techniques and procedures.
- Responsible for technical design aspects of an assigned project including investigation, evaluation, and recommendation of design solutions
- Prepare CD sets with advisement from Job Captain/Project Manager for advanced technical solutions.
- Understand specification divisions and parts of specifications. Ability to identify products needed, contact reps, and evaluate product options. Collect and organize cut sheets. Responsible for writing specifications for designated divisions. Awareness of contents of division 1.
- Attend meetings with contractor, participate in site observations, and prepare field reports. Review submittals and respond to RFIs (more complex items). Prepare and issue bulletins and closeout documentation. Understand issues brought up by contractor and client, develop options, and make recommendations for solutions. Work with Project Manager for complex issues. Manage production of closeout documents and record drawings.
- Understand and incorporate ADA requirements, restroom requirements, and egress requirements into drawings. Understand how to size a building by construction type. Prepare preliminary code analysis. Review drawings to ensure code requirements are addressed. Provide code interpretation and guidance to less experienced team members. Lead review and approval process with building department or other authorities having jurisdiction.
- Participate in consultant coordination, may lead for specific elements or smaller projects, actively participate in meetings, review questions with more experienced team members. Review and understand consultant drawings for interface with architectural solutions
- Attend meetings with and may present specific design solutions directly to the client.
- Responsible for developing construction document set through the application of advanced Revit knowledge.
- Support daily model management administration and maintenance for assigned projects.
- Set up and manage central files utilizing office/client standards.
- Incorporate office Revit template and standards to new projects.
- Manage phase filters and phase graphic overrides.
- Create and maintain project-specific and office-wide parametric content, utilize lighting, materials, and advanced camera views.
- Actively monitor and streamline Revit models.
- Perform interference/clash-detection checks. Generate clash detection reports
- Establish elevations and the point of origin (or insertion point) for all models, and resolve any model alignment or coordination issues with all Project Participants.
- Responsible for acting as a mentor to Team Members on best practices of Revit while moving through the lifecycle of a project.
- Actively engage with design teams to troubleshoot and ensure best BIM practices are being followed.
- Establish, develop, and implement design technology workflows within Revit. Contributes to firm documentation of Revit best practices through project experience.
- Degree in Architecture, bachelor’s degree or higher (required)
- 6-8 years of post-graduate project experience (required)
- Revit, with a minimum of 5 years Revit project experience (required)
- Knowledge of architectural design and the basics of architectural drawing set production and 3D coordination
- Portfolio demonstrating work in Revit and Revit Family Editor
- Must be organized, structured, and detail-oriented. Attentive to detail and schedule, and self-motivated
- Abilities in 3D modeling (Rhino, Sketchup) and rendering (Vray, 3dsMax) as well as Adobe Creative Suite for design
- Expert level Revit modeling skills including wall types, furniture, lighting, symbols, tags, etc.
Preferred Additional Qualifications:
- Proficiency in AutoCad
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive salary ($70,000 – $90,000 DOE)
- Employer-paid PPO medical insurance
- Life insurance (employer paid)
- Optional participation in vision, dental, FSA, Aflac and 401(k) plans.
- Opportunities for profit sharing and bonuses.
- Paid vacation days, sick time, and holidays.
- Paid monthly parking permit for our office building.
- We provide comprehensive professional development opportunities for skill advancement and ARE preparation. Reimbursement for ARE test registration and CA Architect License fees.
- You will be working in a creative studio environment, in which your and other employee contributions are highly valued, and collaboration is encouraged.
COVID-19 considerations: Surfaces are sanitized regularly. Hybrid in-person / remote schedule is available.
Rivers & Christian provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Rivers & Christian participates in E-verify.
To apply, please email your resume and work samples AS A SINGLE PDF document with Subject line “Architectural Staff” to email@example.com.
Resumes without work samples will not be considered.
No phone calls. No recruiters.