Ankrom Moisan Architects is a dynamic design firm providing architecture, interiors, urban design, branding and identity strategy services to our clients. We make it our mission to create places where people and communities thrive. We express that not only in the work we produce, but by the way we work with one another. Our 300 team members in Portland, Seattle and San Francisco offices work collaboratively to inspire future growth both as an individual and as a firm.
Ankrom Moisan Architects is seeking a Architectural Specifications Writer with 10 years of experience to join our Portland, Oregon office. This position will focus on large scale, technically complex projects.
- Interprets architectural plans and prepares specifications to be used as construction documents
- Writes technical descriptions specifying material qualities and properties
- Utilizes knowledge of material standards, industrial processes, and manufacturing procedures
- Find innovative ways to meet client needs through the construction specification delivery process
- Assist project team members in resolving problems related to the use and installation of building materials and products that arise during the design and construction phases
- Comment on the proposed use of building products and materials, their suitability for the intended application, and alternative products when appropriate
- Self-starter in terms of industry research and follow-through
- Responsible for preparing project specifications, enhancing and maintaining master specifications
- Extensive knowledge of building codes, structural systems, and materials standards
- Develop specification requirements and solutions using master specifications
- Work with project teams to develop deliverables throughout project phases
- A technical resource assisting and mentoring staff on technical issues for both project and specification related issues
- Stay current on product development, new materials, code changes and industry trends
- Ten years of recent design and construction specification experience required
- Previous experience with large-scale, technically complex projects and multiple clients preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture or related field required
- Familiarity MS Office and Excel required
- Proficient with BSD SpecLink and BlueBeam software required
- Knowledge of CSI principles and construction materials required
- Professional Registration preferred
- The ability to work independently on multiple projects at a time
Candidates only. No phone calls or recruiters please.
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status.