Who we are
We’re The Beck Group, the largest and most innovative integrated building firm in the country. We are focused on delivering design and construction excellence on a broad range of project types. Headquartered in downtown Dallas, with offices in Atlanta, Austin, Charlotte, Denver, Fort Lauderdale, Fort Worth, Mexico City, and Tampa, we believe a better process and outcome results from working together. At Beck, you will find yourself surrounded by passionate colleagues who have a collaborative mindset and care about each other. We are committed to hiring the best and brightest, and that’s why we are seeking a talented Architectural Senior Project Coordinator (Design Manager) with experience in the Aviation and Airport sector to help continue building Beck’s respected reputation.
What you bring to the table
Beck is looking for a talented Architectural Senior Project Coordinator (Design Manager) with Aviation and Airport experience to join an extraordinary project team in Tampa, Florida. You must be comfortable with construction documents, coordination with the team and consultants, field observation, independent management of project tasks and Revit modelling.
The job involves the following responsibilities:
- Actively participate and document meetings with owners
- Lead/coordinate a large consultant team
- Facilitate decision making between design team, owner and construction team
- Provide oversight of design team
- Lead troubleshooting efforts with design and construction teams
- Assist in the Construction Administration phase and review submittals, generate punch lists, and answer RFIs
- Assist with development of conceptual design and programming
- Independently solve problems encountered
- Lead and direct specific aspects of the project including consultant coordination
- Responsibly coordinate assigned tasks with other coordinators and team members
- Understand and apply zoning/building codes/accessibility requirements with a fundamental working knowledge of construction types, building heights & areas, and fire & smoke protection requirements
- Understand construction at an intermediate level
- Understand the Architecture practice statutes in the project’s jurisdiction
- Effectively supervise and mentor staff
Who we think will be a great fit
An individual that exhibits passion to get things done and possess uncompromising authenticity and integrity. If you are interested in the Integrated project delivery method with a desire to be innovative and creative, you will be an ideal fit for this position. The ideal candidate ideally has prior experience in Aviation and Airport projects.
You also meet the following requirements:
- 5-7 years of project experience
- College graduate with relevant, NAAB accredited degree
- Experience with Revit, AutoCAD, Bluebeam Revu, SketchUp, 3dMax, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator), and MS Office.
- LEED accreditation preferred
Frequently required to sit, stand, and move about the office; frequently operates a computer and other office productivity equipment; frequently lift and move up to ten pounds and occasionally lift and move up to fifty pounds; constantly communicates with HR team, Beck employees, and external vendors; ability to adhere to timely and consistent attendance.
Join our team and build your future with Beck.
The Beck Group is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or genetic information. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.